Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Looking for an active Pathfinder game Or willing to start it Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:00 pm
If I were to play, I'd likely either make a monk or cleric.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:10 pm
depends on what game? Allurian is talking about a game and same with I... I am confused right now.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Allurian Northeborne

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:14 pm
I'd rather be a player, your game. whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:22 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
depends on what game? Allurian is talking about a game and same with I... I am confused right now.

Yours, since you're offering to run and he's only offering to play at this point.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:43 pm
Allurian is the only one granted a slot starting off because he was nice enough to wait... I have four players cause bigger games normally die or get heavily confusing on me. I might add one or two more slots but no more
[ Character Sheets ]

• 1] Allurian Northeborne
  • 2]
  • 3]
  • 4]

[ Premise/Foreword ]

You guys wake up and find yourselves in a dungeon.... Now you have to find your way out or die.

[ Character Creation ]

Available Sources: Srd... keep it Paizo please
Banned Resources:

ECL: 1
Gold: 100
Races: open
Ability Scores*: 5d6 or point buy 25
xxxxxxxxxx*
Hit Points: Max
Alignments: open
Pantheon: open
Backgrounds: optional. I like to read so they will be liked, but I will not offer any bonuses to anyone that makes them

[ House/Optional Rules ]

1]Realistic imagination is allowed
2]
3]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:55 pm
Well I can fill any role. For those unfamiliar with rpg's there are generally four sub-types of character and the classes can more or less be sorted into those four.

DPS - Damage Per Second - These guys will RUIN your day if they get there attacks off; however there disadvantage is usually the squishyness. Iconic classes: A rogue with a sneak attack or a high level wizard/sorcerer.

Heals - Pretty explanatory.. - These are the people that heal the party, though people debate their importance in combat I find that having a healer is helpful. Best example is a Cleric though there are other less powerful healers.

Tanks - These are the defensive line, they will hold the enemy and never stand down. Characteristics of this subtype are high armour/high health, some classes even have abilities that draw enemies in. Classes that come to mind, Paladins, Fighters, in my current irl game we have a barbarian tanking like a madman..

Utility - These are the guys that have all the knowledge and all the skills for any situation. Most iconic, rogues and ninja. Rogues can do traps and have a large pool of skills to choose from, just as the ninja.

NOTE* You might have noticed I used some of the classes as examples in multiple roles. Most classes don't fall into just one role and can swing into either play-style, it really depends on the person playing and what they like.

Allurian Northeborne

Wheezing Prophet

Allurian Northeborne

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:58 pm
Side note note.. sweatdrop As a first game this is more for fun and a learning experience for the first-timers. Pick whatever class interests you, thats one of the most important things. Once everyone's selected I'll pick a role that I think will be most beneficial.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:19 pm
I say always play your favored class, those with a good imagination can think of ways to keep a group without a healer alive... or one without a tank... or the like. The biggest thing is to always have fun, and don't take a few bad rolls to heart  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Allurian Northeborne

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:26 pm
There's a reason I play any role, I don't have a favorite. xp  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:05 pm
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=360406

I present, Damion Agaresh, he has no background for now XD, for new players, this is how a sheet should look like on the website we use to store character sheets,be creative on your backgrounds as well, some DM's award for well developed backgrounds  

SilverAnubis

Allurian Northeborne

Wheezing Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:16 pm
SilverAnubis
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=360406

I present, Damion Agaresh, he has no background for now XD, for new players, this is how a sheet should look like on the website we use to store character sheets,be creative on your backgrounds as well, some DM's award for well developed backgrounds

Edit* Found it, an inquisitor, interesting I've never seen one in play yet.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:56 am
its actually the ranger infiltrator XD, im sketchy about the inquisitor because it has a d8 for hp x3. Another thing for new people is to determine their hit points or HP, the class usually tells you what die you get to roll for your characters hp. Another great thing about the psrd website is that it includes other versions of the same class with different things that abilities that they can use in case you find the primary class a bit.....boring xD.  

SilverAnubis

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:09 pm
I have no idea what an infiltrator does. ... besides what the name suggests, anyways. Sounds like a stealth-focused rogue, with more fighty options?

Like Allurian, I have no favorite class. But I said I would be Monk or Cleric, depending what others choose, so feel free to choose and I'll base my final decision off yours.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff