Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Polyamory Guild

Back to Guilds

Polyamorous education, discussion, support. 

Tags: polyamory, polyamorous, poly, nonmonogamy 

Reply Gaian Polyamory Guild
Managing Distance [Not strictly Poly]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LupineLeif

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:05 pm
I know not all of us have long-distance relationships to handle, but having one that is polyamorous can be a bit of a trial... especially considering one partner is 7+ hours away and the other is in an entirely different country altogether.

I'm quite happy with where we all stand and am glad to have an opportunity to share my life with two of the most wonderful women I have had the pleasure to know, but alas, I still have to share this love from a distance. We all manage, but there's always that nagging sensation of wanting to be closer (to my partner whom I've yet to meet in-person) or missing one another (to the partner I have had the pleasure of spending a holiday with).

Have any of you had long-distance relationships? Did they work for you? How did/do you manage things? Are you emotionally fulfilled?

I understand these questions are potentially personal in nature, but I'm simply... well, curious. Curious and eager to try getting involved in Gaia and its various communities, especially those relevant to interests I constantly live in but rarely discuss.

Cheers.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:55 am
LupineLeif

Actually, Esiris and myself are long distance right now. I was originally supposed to fly out to meet them during my company's holiday shutdown, but my budget and chronic migraines made that thoroughly impossible. They're quite understanding of this fact, but I still can't help but beat myself up a bit for it. I feel that I let them down.

Gaia is how we met, and mostly how we keep in touch. Our schedules are fairly different but we try to do what we can.

I had a few other LDRs in the past... they went miserable fairly quickly. With Riri, it's different. I am not currently involved with anyone else at the moment, and there are absolutely physical aspects that I am missing in my life... but I can deal for now I think.

I welcome all sorts of questions and curiosities, Lief. And welcome to the guild, by the way. I haven't seen you posting here yet.  

M00nbat

Anxious Nerd

LupineLeif

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:17 am
Saew

...there are absolutely physical aspects that I am missing in my life... but I can deal for now I think.

I welcome all sorts of questions and curiosities, Lief. And welcome to the guild, by the way. I haven't seen you posting here yet.

You and I both on the physical aspects, I agree. For now, I can deal without... especially considering I had a bit of a crush on one of my partners for years. Having any relationship at all, even if it's not particularly physical, is like a dream come true for me.

And thanks for the re-welcome to the guild ^_^ I've been a part of it for years, I just didn't post much back when I joined. I also took a VERY long hiatus from Gaia.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:13 pm
I like the crush feeling it gives, but it's not for me in the long run burning_eyes  

Noble Legolas

Hardworking Sex Symbol

13,500 Points
  • Battery 500
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Gaian Polyamory Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items