Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Now I'm really sad... T_T

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:09 pm
I totally messed up. I wanted to trade up my two 2nd Generation Death Whispers for 1st Generations... no particular reason why, I just felt the market was right for a trade.

I was distracted with work, and accidentally put them BOTH up for 100k under value, because I messed up the numbers. They both sold instantly needless to say, and I just lost 200k and no longer have my Death Whispers!! crying This is not a good day on Gaia for me.

By the way... one of the buyers was named Name removed by crew- remember, calling people out publicly is against the ToS!. How ironic, huh? neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:14 pm
Well you could always make the gold back by booty grabbing razz I haven't BGd in ages, but I'm sure it will net you some pretty good gold. You should be able to make 200K back easy in a week.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:18 pm
maui boy no ka oi
Well you could always make the gold back by booty grabbing razz I haven't BGd in ages, but I'm sure it will net you some pretty good gold. You should be able to make 200K back easy in a week.

Really? I don't even know what booty grabbing is! o_O I know it was a new feature that came out just before I left, but I've never tried it or learned how it works.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:26 pm
Ned-san
maui boy no ka oi

Really? I don't even know what booty grabbing is! o_O I know it was a new feature that came out just before I left, but I've never tried it or learned how it works.
Well basically if you find someone who has a grabbable aquarium tank in their signature, a play button will appear just underneath it. You can find many "glowing" threads in the aquarium forum. Each booty grab takes about a minute to do and nets around 1.2-2K on average for me. It doesn't require much effort to do and, as long as you have the patience, is a very easy way to make risk-free gold.  

maui boy no ka oi

Allied Ally

12,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:04 pm
Ned-san

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

Auw. I'm sorry for your loss. But I'm sure with your uber vending skills, you'll definitely be able to rake in some gold to cover up the loss (^__^)

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:35 pm
koromyst

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

Auw. I'm sorry for your loss. But I'm sure with your uber vending skills, you'll definitely be able to rake in some gold to cover up the loss (^__^)

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

Yush, you're right. smile I think I may have already made it up actually. I was scared for a while because it seemed like I was so far behind and for some reason I couldn't get my money seemed to be getting smaller (by a large amount!) instead of bigger. Then I realized that I had money tied up in a trade from the Gaia Exchange... with somebody whom I ended up reporting for scamming... xP

(She named a price which I took and sent the trade, clearly labeled with the item name along with quoting her in the forum and sending her a PM. She feigned ignorance then accepted my trade with no item. I'm sure she figured I would blindly accept it before I realized it was an empty trade. This is a common enough scam that Gaia actually calls it a scam in their Rules and Guidelines. Thankfully I noticed, canceled the trade, and sent her a new one... while at the same time asking her politely in the thread to show proof of ownership with the "display inventory" function - something which any seller MUST do when asked according to the GE Rules and Guidelines. She refused to do this, making the excuse that she canceled the trade because I was "rude". lol, I just told her that if she thinks adhering to the Rules and Guidelines is "rude", that she should take that up with Gaia and not me. xd )

Anyways, when the money was returned to me I was much relieved to discover that I had not been sinking further and further behind, but was actually coming up very nicely. xD  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:54 pm
Ned-san

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

Whoa. Thank goodness you were quick enough to catch on (O_O) Such incidents, no matter how remote, are one of the many reasons I have yet to step foot in the Exchange-verse xD It's scary. People there are scary xD Throwing around big loads of gold as if they were merely scattering seeds to feed hungry pigeons (TAT) I am never able to mingle amongst them. Nuh-uh! (TAT)

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:02 pm
koromyst
▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

Whoa. Thank goodness you were quick enough to catch on (O_O) Such incidents, no matter how remote, are one of the many reasons I have yet to step foot in the Exchange-verse xD It's scary. People there are scary xD Throwing around big loads of gold as if they were merely scattering seeds to feed hungry pigeons (TAT) I am never able to mingle amongst them. Nuh-uh! (TAT)

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

Yeah, I feel really out of place when I'm in the Exchange, too. But I can't pass up the good deals, lol. xD I just need to know enough of their lingo to sound like I know what I'm doing. wink It's funny because even though I feel like an outsider there, I end up being the one to explain why things operate the way they do, like the reason why people sell lower in GE over MP (especially with large-ticket items which are still tax-free) or why certain guidelines are in place and what happens if they're not. You would think I was a regular there.

The place I feel most out of place though, is the General Discussion! I could never be a "GDer", lol. Not in a million years...  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:12 pm
Ned-san

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

GD eh? xD I only go there in search of RIG item lists xD Sometimes valuable informative threads will pop up once in a while like free grants and stuff xD But to post... I have yet to do so sweatdrop

I wish I have your natural adaptive skill thingy xD Then I can gain gazillions of gold in a matter of days. Muhaha! But yeah... xD It's not likely to happen. Anyway, don't go reprimanding yourself like that. You're an awesome exchanger/vendor at heart. You have your wealth to prove it emotion_kirakira

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:17 pm
koromyst
Aws, thank you Koro! heart  

Ned-san

Friendly Phantom

7,550 Points
  • Olympian 200
  • Champion 300
  • Invisibility 100

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:14 pm
Ned-san
koromyst
Aws, thank you Koro! heart

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

You're welcome! emotion_kirakira

▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣▣

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

Ned-san

Hunn seriously think of BG or gold, Easily make 50k per day while doing it half assedly. If you need any advice on it, or good threads or guild sor it I can help you out! It is VERY EASY to make gold these days, unfortunately the market reflects that razz

User Image
Please BUMP all the tanks you play.
Support the Tank Owners.

GillaGrrl

Beloved Heckler

iiRainbowUnicornz

2,650 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:39 am
Awhh , well I'm sorry for the lost but at least you got it back . What other ways do you make alot of money if you don't booty grab ?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:43 pm
I just recently started vending. It's a lot of fun. I'm probably going to wait until I buy again. Just because.  

Cognitohazard

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items