Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Tribal game (Intrest check) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which System?
  Pathfinder
  4e
  (my own check don't pick)
View Results

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:13 pm
Suicidesoldier#1
Arc Vembris
Suicidesoldier#1
Arc Vembris
Of course not only primal classes, but primal stuff lends a great flavor to a tribal game. Martial classes as well, and really the only arcane classes I might limit would be int-based ones, save for the witch. Witch is built for low-tech societies and "from an RP-perspective" it's meant to be some of the earliest forms of arcane magic.

A lot of psionic stuff seems off-tone for a game like this, but everything in Heroes of the Feywild is built for this.

Yeah, psionic stuff seems to be a bit more religious flavored in any case; and I don't know about holy.

Given the establishment behind something like a paladin or cleric it would be questionable.

There's no class mechanic that demands an establishment behind a cleric or paladin. It could go either way depending on whether we go stone age or iron age. It's the shift from animism to theism that would color the balance between primal and divine classes.

I think a bigger factor might be race limiters. A tribal party will be more homogeneous and less cosmopolitan than typical D&D fare, but you don't wanna shut players down too much.

Well yesh, if your religion was naturesz it would totally be possible.

Where one would find metal armor and weapons, idk though.

I think a monk would do well though.

Kord makes a fine storm god, and Melora is goddess of the sea. In a stone age game, the weapons would likely be limited to axes, club, maces and spears and you could use Dark Sun rules for stone weapons. Alternately, you could just assume stone weapons work the same are regular.

Alien cultures like the fey might have access to metalsmithing long before others, so that could be an entry point.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:38 pm
Arc Vembris
Suicidesoldier#1
Arc Vembris
Suicidesoldier#1
Arc Vembris
Of course not only primal classes, but primal stuff lends a great flavor to a tribal game. Martial classes as well, and really the only arcane classes I might limit would be int-based ones, save for the witch. Witch is built for low-tech societies and "from an RP-perspective" it's meant to be some of the earliest forms of arcane magic.

A lot of psionic stuff seems off-tone for a game like this, but everything in Heroes of the Feywild is built for this.

Yeah, psionic stuff seems to be a bit more religious flavored in any case; and I don't know about holy.

Given the establishment behind something like a paladin or cleric it would be questionable.

There's no class mechanic that demands an establishment behind a cleric or paladin. It could go either way depending on whether we go stone age or iron age. It's the shift from animism to theism that would color the balance between primal and divine classes.

I think a bigger factor might be race limiters. A tribal party will be more homogeneous and less cosmopolitan than typical D&D fare, but you don't wanna shut players down too much.

Well yesh, if your religion was naturesz it would totally be possible.

Where one would find metal armor and weapons, idk though.

I think a monk would do well though.

Kord makes a fine storm god, and Melora is goddess of the sea. In a stone age game, the weapons would likely be limited to axes, club, maces and spears and you could use Dark Sun rules for stone weapons. Alternately, you could just assume stone weapons work the same are regular.

Alien cultures like the fey might have access to metalsmithing long before others, so that could be an entry point.

Mhhm.

But what of Mordrean and the dwarves?!

How would they get along!

But yes, I believe any class would be conceivably capable of being tribal, although perhaps versions or certain stories would be required.

Plate armor would be questionable, questionable, but not impossible.

It would be interesting to be a naturalist paladin, and you could have greenish embroidering instead of gold and stuff.

Shields would be easy.

As far as swords go, while it would take fine craftsmanship, you could just conceivably be one of the few people with a sword around.  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:12 pm
Okay, I know I am a few days ahead. But, I am back... and I will give you guys till midnight, before closing the poll. So far 4E is ahead by one point.

This is what I have from a the weeks long, vanishing I took... If after reading, you chose not to play eh...

[ Setting Information/Background ]

Ira has called our chief, Red-Crow, and the other elders. Our people look to the great Den mother for guidance and wisdom. It is her and her alone that can make the choice for the new chief known.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

You are a member of The Ashaw tribe, thriving in the unforgiving world of Valra. For hundreds of generations your people have hunted, these lands. Nomadic by nature, your tribe followed the great beasts, netted the fish from the sea, and even learn how to bring forth green life from the ground. Your people are intelligent, brave and wise. Tonight, you sit by the fire one last time before you and your friends start your first hunt tomorrow... Successful and survive, you will become honorary member of your tribe.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:30 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Okay, I know I am a few days ahead. But, I am back... and I will give you guys till midnight, before closing the poll. So far 4E is ahead by one point.

This is what I have from a the weeks long, vanishing I took... If after reading, you chose not to play eh...

[ Setting Information/Background ]

Ira has called our chief, Red-Crow, and the other elders. Our people look to the great Den mother for guidance and wisdom. It is her and her alone that can make the choice for the new chief known.

[ Game Introduction/Plot ]

You are a member of The Ashaw tribe, thriving in the unforgiving world of Valra. For hundreds of generations your people have hunted, these lands. Nomadic by nature, your tribe followed the great beasts, netted the fish from the sea, and even learn how to bring forth green life from the ground. Your people are intelligent, brave and wise. Tonight, you sit by the fire one last time before you and your friends start your first hunt tomorrow... Successful and survive, you will become honorary member of your tribe.

I have a tribal game planned out, as well, that I've been debating creating.

Called the Berlin Strait. xp  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:46 pm
I'm still so in

What's the climate of the region?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:18 pm
Idk about his, but I was thinking about making one based in North America, with Mammoths and stuff.

Idk though, and if he ends up making the game I don't want to interfere with his. 3nodding

I was actually about to post my game when I saw him post again.

It's actually great, becuase everything in North America died like 10,000 years ago, even all the people; so that would be an interesting story device and large cities being built but being wiped out would magic sense.  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Bedlam Crumpet

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:21 pm
This sounds like an interesting premise. I'd be in for it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:40 pm
Suicidesoldier#1
Idk about his, but I was thinking about making one based in North America, with Mammoths and stuff.

Idk though, and if he ends up making the game I don't want to interfere with his. 3nodding

It's actually great, becuase everything in North America died like 10,000 years ago, even all the people; so that would be an interesting story device and large cities being built but being wiped out would magic sense.
You can make your own. I probably will play in it. This semester I only need to go in Mondays and Fridays, so I will have a ton of free time on my hands.

My game isn't going to be based on any true events or anything. Without giving too much away, I planned for your tribe to be like the dalish tribe in dragon age.  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:44 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Suicidesoldier#1

You can make your own. I probably will play in it. This semester I only need to go in Mondays and Fridays, so I will have a ton of free time on my hands.

My game isn't going to be based on any true events or anything. Without giving too much away, I planned for your tribe to be like the dalish tribe in dragon age.

Oh cool. xp

Well cool for you, more time off is always awesome! blaugh

I would totally play in your game and totally want to. ninja

I'm not too good in 3.5E but can play it, and 4E is coolsz and it has a lot of tribal feats and whatnot.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:07 pm
Arc Vembris
I'm still so in

What's the climate of the region?

It is going to be changing, some, but for the most part Arid(desert ish ) and Temperate (most of the US)  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas