Welcome to Gaia! ::

maximum ride: the angels on the move

Back to Guilds

This is based on the series Maximum Ride by James Patterson. 

Reply Maximum Ride: the angels on the move
Plausibility of Bird-kids?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:45 pm
So I've been learning Anatomy and physiology in my health classes this year, and I'm just realizing that aside from inserting DNA into the body without rejecting it, it's more of a b***h than that. Like, it would take a clever mind to work around the kinks of the body..

For one thing, Max said in book one her bones were hollow, when bone marrow creates blood cells. That would take some getting around.. Also, the human would have to be strong to have wings 14 feet long, like, outrageously strong.

I just felt like posting thoughts on this, my biology classes have gotten my attention on MR to rise.

Discuss:
DNA recombination
The body?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:56 pm
I'm not sure how they would have gotten around having hollow bones, but I'd say that the bird DNA, once accepted, also changes how red blood cells are produced, since birds need to have a way of making red blood cells too. And it was also stated in one of the books that they're all incredibly strong, with even little Angel being more than a match for a normal adult. Though another problem is that at higher altitudes the air's thinner, so it would be harder for them to breath, though there have been something about that mentioned in a book, I can't remember. Plus the heart would have be stronger so it could survive the strain that would be placed on the human body during flight.  

Faithfull Fire

Baddicus B itch
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:26 am
Faithfull Fire
I'm not sure how they would have gotten around having hollow bones, but I'd say that the bird DNA, once accepted, also changes how red blood cells are produced, since birds need to have a way of making red blood cells too. And it was also stated in one of the books that they're all incredibly strong, with even little Angel being more than a match for a normal adult. Though another problem is that at higher altitudes the air's thinner, so it would be harder for them to breath, though there have been something about that mentioned in a book, I can't remember. Plus the heart would have be stronger so it could survive the strain that would be placed on the human body during flight.

Right, when she was talking to Dr. Martinez, she explained that her bones were hollow, and her cardiopulmonary systems were stronger, making for a stronger person all around. I think if scientists can get around the human rights ethics/ get donors, this could be our future. But I could also see it being a downfall, because of bio terrorism, like how China wanted Max and the others in Saving the World.  
Maximum Ride: the angels on the move

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games