Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
I seriously need some help...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ScarlettLullaby

6,575 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:02 pm
Today, and for the past few weeks in church, we were talking about how letting sin in your life and basically not doing anything about it isn't healthy for a relationship with God. It's made me think a lot. I want to live for God, I really do. I wanna wake up and have Him on my mind, I want to go to school and let everyone see I am living for Him.

But sadly, I've wanted that quite a few times in my life. I've made commitments that I would do better, throw away many aspects of my life and live for God. And it always turns out the same way: First few days I'm clean, have a Bible next to be all the time, never say anything bad, etc. A few days later, I'm back to my old ways, and often turn out worse than I began.

In church today I had the opportunity to make yet another commitment that I'd leave it all behind. I didn't wanna make a commitment to God I knew I couldn't keep, so I kept quiet.

My life is so full of many things I am not proud of, things I cannot even admit to the anonymous online reader. I do want to change, I do. I am a Christian and I want it to be known to my family, my friends, random strangers, everyone.

But, as I said earlier, I've wanted this before and could never stick to it. These things come back into my life quickly as they've disappeared and come back worse and I can't stop. I want to, I do, I just don't know how.

If I could get some advice or personal help, I'd be gratefully appreciative. Thanks for your time.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:36 pm
Don't look at your life, look to Christ! Focus on our saviour not your life! seek him! pray! and fast and pray if you have to!
Quote:
Morality does not lead to heaven, but intimacy with Christ leads to victory over any sin. When you are desiring Christ you will pursue Him and find yourself walking in the LIGHT!
That was a quote from I'll Be Honest( www.illbehonest.com )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUKRA6XcsDs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4axy22oTkA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inYTu4KW81s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvkqmUygsCU  

starry night-163

Phantom Jutsu

Shameless Pyromaniac

14,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:47 pm
I suggest you read Romans- long and hard. Pay special attention to chapters 6 to 9. Every christian spends their life fighting sin, and fighting to be in communion with God. We all have things about ourselves we hate, but God knows that and he loves us anyway :3  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:41 pm
ginger3a13
Today, and for the past few weeks in church, we were talking about how letting sin in your life and basically not doing anything about it isn't healthy for a relationship with God. It's made me think a lot. I want to live for God, I really do. I wanna wake up and have Him on my mind, I want to go to school and let everyone see I am living for Him.

But sadly, I've wanted that quite a few times in my life. I've made commitments that I would do better, throw away many aspects of my life and live for God. And it always turns out the same way: First few days I'm clean, have a Bible next to be all the time, never say anything bad, etc. A few days later, I'm back to my old ways, and often turn out worse than I began.

In church today I had the opportunity to make yet another commitment that I'd leave it all behind. I didn't wanna make a commitment to God I knew I couldn't keep, so I kept quiet.

My life is so full of many things I am not proud of, things I cannot even admit to the anonymous online reader. I do want to change, I do. I am a Christian and I want it to be known to my family, my friends, random strangers, everyone.

But, as I said earlier, I've wanted this before and could never stick to it. These things come back into my life quickly as they've disappeared and come back worse and I can't stop. I want to, I do, I just don't know how.

If I could get some advice or personal help, I'd be gratefully appreciative. Thanks for your time.

I was in exactly the same boat until about a year ago. I was saved by Christ 7 years before and we really good at making commitments but not at keeping them. I went to bible camp and on mission trips around the US and LOVED it. After every one I came back determined to live for him. The problem came when I came back, withing a week that was gone, and my life didn't reflect it at all.

I was still saved but my life did not look like one living for the Lord, then a year ago I took a long hard look at my life. I looked to Christ and surrounded myself with born-again Christians. My best advice is make time EVERY DAY to read your bible, journal and pray unceasingly. Never settle for anything less than a christ-like life. We obviously can't reach it but that's our goal. Anything short doesn't belong. Find someone to confine in to hold you accountable.

God give us the strength, endurance and persistence to overcome out own sinful nature which tries to keep us from him and tries to draw us away. Keep in mind, the stronger a commitment you make the harder Satan will fight against it. Why? Because he doesn't want to happen. Now i'm not saying my faith is perfect all of the time, you still have struggles, but it keeps you ever aware of him. You will have to fight for it, but it's worth it in the end.

A couple good verses to think on:

Let perseverance finish it's work so that you may be complete, not lacking in anything.
~James 1:4

We remember before our God and father your work produced by faith, your labor prompted by love, and your endurance inspired by hope in our LORD Jesus Christ.
~I Thessalonians 1:3

Blessed is the one who perseverance under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the LORD has promised to those who love him.
~James 1:12

_0pal-Heart-

Sparkly Genius

8,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Party Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:39 pm
I don't think anyone is perfect but I think God and Jesus loves us no matter what. I just talk to him and ask for direction and to keep me on the steady path.
We were talking in church today about how we are God's children and every father loves there child even when that child is bad and strays away. The father is always waiting for us to come back to him and he never stops loving us.
Have you also thought about talking to your churches pastor/priest? Maybe he can offer you some guidance and Im sure no matter what the issue they will not be harsh or judgmental. There job is to do the work of the lord and bring you closer to spiritual wholeness.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:51 pm
Life is a learning experience. A life with Christ is a work in progress.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
Philippians 4:13

Know that it's not something that you can do yourself. Ask God for help. There are some things you'll have to do. But those things that seem insurmountable, look to Christ. He's your best friend, right? And you want to keep that, obviously. So, what would you do for a friend? What would you do with a friend? What would you do for the best and most trusted friend of all time?
Know that this Friend, our Lord Christ, would do anything for you. Including forgive you, and be there with you every step of the way while you work on this. Eventually, these things will fall away, and you'll have no interest in them. That's all part of our Spiritual growth. But you taken the first step - wanting to. For Him.

Anon. Mosh  

Anonymous Mosh

Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces