Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Let's try this one more time: looking to try a new system

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:57 pm
And that system is Dungeons: the Dragoning: 40000, 7th edition

For those of you unacquainted, the basic rulebook can be downloaded here. What's more, there's finally a beta test for the first splat book of the system as advertised here.

The basis of the system is PURE AWESOME. And I want to play it. Unfortunately, no one I play with seems too eager to run a game, so the burden falls to me, and maybe if it turns out well I can get to be a PC. And that's where you guys come in. I need some experience with the delicate art of SMing. I'm looking for at minimum 4 players to start a game. I tried this once before and couldn't get more than three interested parties, so it flopped.

If it incentivises anyone, there's also been a homebrew setting based on the setting for the anime Outlaw Star (and its less awesome sequel Angel Links). I'd be willing to try running a game in that setting instead of the default DtD kitchen sink, if enough people would like.

regardless of the setting i'd probably houserule a few of the first book's classes to have access to gun kata, probably just the assassin and guardsman lines.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:20 am
Sounds cool, but I shall have to acquaint myself to the rulebook. :/  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:53 pm
Suicidesoldier#1
Sounds cool, but I shall have to acquaint myself to the rulebook. :/
it's got some formatting errors and a couple holdovers from older renditions, like the rules on attack rolls and proficiency, but the basic mechanics are solid enough  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:56 pm
Another idea, if it interests people, was inspired after a closer look at the vehichle rules: G-Gundam, set in the default DtD setting, with representatives of various crystal spheres and world ships sending champions to fight in a GIANT MECHA tournament. Something about an ork wearing moble trace spandex amuses me so.  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers