Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Buying a D&D 3.5 supplement to update to Pathfinder.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Private Sanders

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:55 pm
I like dark stuff, so I'm highly considering one of the following:

Heroes of Horror

Libris Mortis

Book of Vile Darkness

Can anybody who has one of these books tell me which is best or will update to Pathfinder best? I am interested in new core and prestige classes and monsters, and I also like new spells and class variants. I have no interest in new dieties or creatures of the outsider subtype (I don't use outsiders in my campaign very often. I prefer native threats.).

I can only get one book right now, and it'll probably be a long time before I get another, so I want to get something good.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:22 pm
Heroes of Horror is the most player-centric of these. BoVD, a 3.0 product, is crazy with Outsiders. HoH also has great fluff advice for running horror games of any system,  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:32 am
Of the three, only Heroes of Horror has new base classes. I'm not a fan of the BoVD, myself, but Libris Mortis is alright if you like undead. The downside of Libris Mortis for Pathfinder, however, is that undead in Pathfinder were extremely rewritten, changing hit dice, BAB, abilities, and in general making it difficult to 100% accurately convert a 3.5 undead without rebuilding from the ground up.

Though most of them could be used straight, if you really wanted to.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:35 pm
Disciple of Sakura
Of the three, only Heroes of Horror has new base classes. I'm not a fan of the BoVD, myself, but Libris Mortis is alright if you like undead. The downside of Libris Mortis for Pathfinder, however, is that undead in Pathfinder were extremely rewritten, changing hit dice, BAB, abilities, and in general making it difficult to 100% accurately convert a 3.5 undead without rebuilding from the ground up.

Though most of them could be used straight, if you really wanted to.

Also, half-vampires  

Arc Vembris
Crew

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas