Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
The Silver Spire (3.5e) (Accepting applications now!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Whiskey Sunshine

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:51 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
Ranger
A ranger might forgo training in weapon combat in exchange for the ability to take animal form and move swiftly through the woodlands.

Gain
Wild shape (as druid; Small or Medium animals only), fast movement (as barbarian).

Lose
Combat style, improved combat style, combat style mastery.

Fast movement is acceptable, however due to a ranger's nature in general, their more material knowledge of nature would limit any potential wild shape they may take. Wild shape is acceptable, however, rangers cannot wild shape into an elemental or plant at higher levels, nor could they wild shape into huge creatures. (Large creatures acceptable. The loss of bonus feats that improve combat needs to be balanced). Otherwise, he retains the same amount of wild shapes per day as a druid (1/day at 5th level, 2/day at 6th, 3/day at 7th, 4/day at 10th, 5/day at 14th, and 6/day at 18th) and the same constraints on HD and transformation remain.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:05 am
Oral Steering Wheel
Southern_cross_nemesis
Ranger
A ranger might forgo training in weapon combat in exchange for the ability to take animal form and move swiftly through the woodlands.

Gain
Wild shape (as druid; Small or Medium animals only), fast movement (as barbarian).

Lose

Fast movement is acceptable, however due to a ranger's nature in general, their more material knowledge of nature would limit any potential wild shape they may take. Wild shape is acceptable, however, rangers cannot wild shape into an elemental or plant at higher levels, nor could they wild shape into huge creatures. (Large creatures acceptable. The loss of bonus feats that improve combat needs to be balanced). Otherwise, he retains the same amount of wild shapes per day as a druid (1/day at 5th level, 2/day at 6th, 3/day at 7th, 4/day at 10th, 5/day at 14th, and 6/day at 18th) and the same constraints on HD and transformation remain.
That is fine with me, with your okay, I was going to take him into Master of Many Forms, a prestige class in Complete adventurer  

Southern Cross Nemesis
Vice Captain

Whiskey Sunshine

Dapper Gekko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:08 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
Oral Steering Wheel
Southern_cross_nemesis
Ranger

Gain

Lose

That is fine with me, with your okay, I was going to take him into Master of Many Forms, a prestige class in Complete adventurer

You'll have to give me a source for that so I can review it and see if it's appropriate. Also, remember the point of prestige classes; I set the ECL to 6 specifically because most prestige classes aren't accessable until at least level 6. So, the prestige may have to wait.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:17 am
I figure to save confusion, an example of what your sheet SHOULD look like is roughly here. Like filling out stats for a monsters. This is mainly for my benefit if you want me to be able to keep track of your stats easily.  

Whiskey Sunshine

Dapper Gekko

Xun Ira

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:29 am
I want a play, but I have to ask for quite a few things... I will send them to you via pm.  
jennibert rolled 2 12-sided dice: 7, 4 Total: 11 (2-24)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:57 pm
So, I'm working on a character that I probably won't get finished until Monday, but I'm going to go ahead and roll his HP, starting with a d12 for his level of barbarian...  

jennibert

jennibert rolled 8 8-sided dice: 3, 7, 5, 7, 2, 3, 3, 3 Total: 33 (8-64)

jennibert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:58 pm
7 could be worse....Now I'm going to go for the 4 levels of ranger above first. Rolling all eight at once, in pairs per level.

Edit: Apparently 7 is his number. So 7,7,7,3,3 it is then.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 12:45 am
I do wish to point out that "things" and "s**t" have cropped up and currently, I'm entirely unable to run this campaign as I had thought I could; my internet access is severely limited and I don't have access to any of my books or supplements; The Silver Spire has to be put on hold until I can get my s**t together, aka, after I save enough money for a PC that will run and find the time outside of work to run this. I've been on overtime for a few days and in doing so, I no longer have the time to even prepare.

I wish I could do more, but there isn't anything I can do yet. Hold tight and things will get fixed soon enough.  

Whiskey Sunshine

Dapper Gekko

Norin Brightblade

Romantic Conversationalist

5,250 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:17 am
Welp I Have made a diffrent guy. So let me know when your goin' again and ill send him to ya  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff