Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
World, of, Darkness! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Archangel486

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:43 am
I'm gonna move the hunter conversation to a new topic, k?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:32 am
I could always go with a melee build that wields a chainsaw, who has a normal one and one with silver teeth. wee.

Or look into recreating the Shish-ka-bob.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Ancelas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:08 pm
I had a city setting I was building for my old Changeling game that never panned out. I intended to use it as a setting for a number of different campaigns, but it still needs some development.

At any rate, I thought I'd offer it up as a potential setting if anyone wants to set a campaign there. I've got some ideas on fleshing it out as a full city.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:30 pm
Something that would be fun to do would be to have the guild contribute to the city building. Have people start naming establishments, maybe use the first post to introduce the topic, the second to have a "Yellow Pages" of sorts. 3nodding  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Ancelas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:36 pm
That was just what I was thinking!

A method of city creation I read about involves the players creating, say, three locations that might have some significance to the characters. If we open up to the guild, ask for a location or two, we could have a fully-fleshed out city in no time.

The city I created was called Revenant, and I'm working on a bird's eye view of the city. I've got a rough background in place and some ideas for the current state of the city. If it seems like it'd be a good idea, I'll finish the map and post it in a new thread looking for locations.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:11 pm
McJaggars Bar
Rosco's Chicken and Waffles
Jim Dales Pub
Stephen Fry's second but still pretty cool Pub

Dolphin Juice  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:28 pm
... the point is to not only name them, but give them a bit of description. That way, every building in the city has its own special feel and meaning sweatdrop

How one person might build a restaurant named "Rosco's Chicken and Waffles" might be very different than another's.

The point is, as someone who might have built this if you were the owner in-game, how would YOU design it? What makes Rosco's Chicken and Waffles a place worth COMING to?

EDIT: But you should probably wait until the thread created for such a thing is created.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:48 pm
I think a lot of my places are pretty much self explanatory.  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas