Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Guns in 4e?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:44 pm
here's the thing. I a game idea i have been toying around with, but one of the road blocks, is that there guns in it, but it is mostly a D&D type setting. Also, i have tried running a d20 modern game, which this one kinda stems from, but i like 4e better, and it seems easier to run a game with this system....here is my question, are there any rules for guns in 4e?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:38 am
import the rules from pathfinder for them >.>  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:02 am
import the rules from d20 Modern  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:27 am
In my rl friend's campaign, he just used the stats of a crossbow and called it a gun LOL  

Ziekara

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:28 am
Ziekara
In my rl friend's campaign, he just used the stats of a crossbow and called it a gun LOL

Psychofish uses crossbow stats for his dwarven rifleman in Shot in the Dark. He's a Seeker, so his powers are "different ammo".  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:42 am
I did a playtest where I took the hit die for Hand Crossbows and Crossbows, and added a second die to them (So 2d6 and 2d8, if memory serves), and retained their weapon types. Cannons did 2d12 and were High-Crit, Brutal 1 weapons. Granted, there wasn't much you could do with the cannons, but they were there.

The end result ended up being pretty decent. You might consider buffing up enemies when doing such a thing, as I noticed it made encounters incredibly easy.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:42 am
Rain Yupa
Ziekara

Psychofish uses crossbow stats for his dwarven rifleman in Shot in the Dark. He's a Seeker, so his powers are "different ammo".

I'd been wondering what that mechanic was  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff