Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Recruitment for (4e Eberron Setting) The Wheel of Fate Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:58 pm
The beauty of 4e is that the math is meant to reflect challenges for a party of a given level, not to be scaled up or down to account for variables in power due to lucky stat rolls. This is one of the main reasons for eschewing stat rolls as a rule in the first place and using a standard score array or a point-buy system. It also keeps the players even with one another statwise. Individuality is built through player choice and action, not through luck.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:42 pm
Arc Vembris
The beauty of 4e is that the math is meant to reflect challenges for a party of a given level, not to be scaled up or down to account for variables in power due to lucky stat rolls. This is one of the main reasons for eschewing stat rolls as a rule in the first place and using a standard score array or a point-buy system. It also keeps the players even with one another statwise. Individuality is built through player choice and action, not through luck.

If I could tip you I would. xp  

Suicidesoldier#1

Fanatical Zealot

Vorastrix

Hilarious Sage

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:40 pm
The_Black_Armed_Death_God
Vorastrix
Vorastrix
Alright, he's fixed...And please, for a while...No eye contact, dropping his stats that low from the original rolls makes me feel a little like I've done something dirty....

You're still off, i think you meant to have a 16 strength....changelings don't get +2 strength, and why don't you have a second rogue a/w power?

also, in the proccess, i noticed i did my wrong, and have since fixed it...changing my cha to 10 and dex to 13

also, just because i had to dimly notice it...i'll point the finger to the game thread:

]http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewforum.php?f=750225
Ok, fixed...Thank you guys for asking me to basically rape my character....But what is done is done.

rape....is a little strong....

where did you get the idea of 6d6 anyway?
I was kidding, but the 6d6 drop the lowest 3 is standard practice around here ( Where I grew up and learned to play) Because it gives the players the normal max roll of 18 so they don't end up over powered and at the same time you will always have AT LEAST a modifier of +1. It makes it so the GM or DM can have a good party and run the game a little more challenging as well.

lol, they may not be overpowered by the enemies, but they themselves would be overpowered....that stat rolling is extremely high. I thought that the Merc work 5d6 drop the lowest 2 was extreme.....  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:55 pm
It's still the same thing either way. In the end there is no way to end up higher then an 18 just like every other method ((Minus racial bonuses)) Every game I have ever done untili I came here was the same, even if it was with a gaming group I had never been with before. And Actually it leaves most players about even. No over powering, but it also means no useless characters. Which I have noticed allot of.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:08 am
Useless characters are a major concern with most rolling systems, but overcorrecting for this can lean the bell much higher, such as the 6d6 drop 3. 4d6 drop 1 was the standard in 3e, and the horrifying 3d6 was the standard in ad&d2. Array selection and point buy eliminate all these problems.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff