Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dolphin Mania v2

Back to Guilds

Always at the leading edge of Booty Grab! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Dolphin Mania, Panda, Penguin, Rick James 

Reply Dolphin Mania v2
Birthday Celebrations (Spoiled are we?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:23 am
So I bring this up. What do you believe about birthday's? Why is it that it seems most people. Remember I didn't say everyone, but mainly when I see birthday threads and such it seems like those people expect or want something for there birthday. Why is it that we need anything for it? Why celebrate only 1 day out of the year? Why not enjoy life and be thankful that you have a roof over your head, clothes on your back, and food in your belly. So many people around the world don't have half the crap we do and take for granted.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:25 pm
It's human nature to want to feel better than someone. You know, "I'm the birthday Queen/King! Give me gifts and do what I say!"  

Podium
Crew

Lonely Man-Lover

13,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Way Too Many Pies 300

Blood Pop

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:27 pm
I think it's the parents, namely the Mother, that should be given presents on their child's Birthday. XD She did all the damn work to give that child life, she deserves some sort of present. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:22 pm
Unless I have money, there are only three occaisions where I'm allowed to ask mum to buy me something:

1) If its art/school related.

2) If its my birthday and we have enough money.

3) If its Christmas and we have enough money.

. _ . I don't really have much of a choice other than to expect something on my birthday, whether its inexpensive or not I never much cared. And usually it is something like clothes (which I only get new clothes one or twice a year..)  

Alex Nightwalker

Invisible Hunter

9,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

AlphaBlonde87
Vice Captain

Romantic Vampire

8,250 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:12 pm
To me, my birthday is more about just having fun with friends and/or family. Presents are nice but I do not need them. If I want anything I will get it on my own.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:56 pm
I like having an excuse to do something different. I don't ask for stuff, I just like doing something that I don't normally do... I do that on occasion anyway, but it just feels more special when more people are willing to put aside their routines for us to gather and do together.

I don't really have to have it, and I do feel spoiled on my B-day (but it feels good), but the couple of years that I haven't been able to celebrate as usual, I didn't feel bad or depressed about not getting to do what I wanted.

On the same note, I like being able to show people that I care enough to take time and REMEMBER them. It's one thing to just drop in with a gift for those I care about, and I do, but there is a tad bit more effort put into remembering a certain day each year. At least, that is how I feel about it.

The day that my mom would give me socks and say "Happy Birthday!" made those socks a little more 'special', than the socks she would give me on any other day and say, "you need these." Not that I didn't need them on my birthday, but there is a little bit of sentiment that goes with the remembrance. 3nodding  

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:00 pm
All very good points. Me personally it's more religion which has made it, so I can't celebrate birthday's and not get the whole presents, so I see things pretty one sided. Oh and I'm no longer with that religion, but if you must know it was Jehovah Witness.  
Dolphin Mania v2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games