Welcome to Gaia! ::

◄▌ Dark Waters ▐►

Back to Guilds

Primarily a Booty Grab guild, with a little bit of everything else as well. ;) 

Tags: Gold, Dark, Waters, Booty, Grab 

Reply [Dark Waters] Community
[The AutoBump] The whaaaa? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkErotica
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:13 am
Morhidia kanibul
chiisai-akanbo
Morhidia kanibul
i dint know >.< dam and it was useful i changed mine to the original i had

IKR? It was very very useful for us...
*sigh*..
mhm i don't see it like a bad bad thing it was good for aquarium not like u can use it as anything else

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's pissed off about this. When I get to it after removing all the extra A-B links from the directory.... e.e I plan on reformatting the original A-B thread into a petition to bring it back as an intended feature. They can jerk around with it however they like, but it was a great feature for us tank owners.

Some people are saying that it was being used to farm gold from posting in forums... Really people? There's a 3 post limit whether it's automatic or not. And you'd have to sit here and click that link over and over again anyway. There's no way that that feature helped you "farm gold" by posting in the forums. And what's the 3 posts equal anyway? Like 20 gold? And that mod's excuse is the biggest load of BS I've ever heard.

This is the quote, and thank you Itty Bitty for complaining about something that was so useful to us. I'll keep that in mind if I happen to see you around...

Kimiko Ross
itty bitty north kitty
..this is against tos..is it? owo ..like you click a link and it makes you post, some people have this in their sig.

We do not allow this, no. There are similar links that bring you to the reply field, and those are fine since you still have to fill it out yourself, but the kind you describe is automated and only made possible by tampering with the URL.

First Kimiko... "We do not allow this" is not a valid reason WHY it's not allowed. Try again. Second, "There are similar links that bring you to the reply field, and those are fine since you still have to fill it out yourself" is BS once again because the A-B feature only worked with quoted posts, meaning NO KIMIKO, NOBODY HAD TO FILL IT OUT THEMSELVES, AUTO OR NOT.

This isn't quantum physics here. If there's a valid reason why something so trivial isn't allowed, and even moreso "against the ToS", I'd like to see it. I've already been through the ToS, twice, yesterday looking for a reasonable excuse, and the only thing I found is the clause stating that they're allowed to add or change any of the rules at any time. Some cop-out that is.

Grrrr... As you can tell I'm extremely aggravated by Gaia's habit of "fixing" things that don't need fixing, when they could be fixing things which affects thousands of users, which they most likely messed up themselves.

>.< Now on to going through each page and removing all the extra links, and then from the signature, and whichever I can remember I posted on the old stalker thread.... Just because some people couldn't keep from looking a gift horse in the mouth.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:12 pm
DarkErotica

Well the thing I have noticed is that alot of users are extremely lazy and so even if they were only getting 20 gold per 3 posts they will do it again and again just to get the gold. Also they upped the amount of gold you get for the first few posts. I think from 10 posts you can get around 700 gold before it starts to drop down to like 20 gold per post and then eventually down to 1 gold per post. So yeah let's say 1k per 15posts. So you can see how these people might have "farmed" the gold.

Just a warning, but name dropping someone is technically considered trolling and we both know people love to report from the shadows.  

souldriving

Sparkly Bloodsucker

11,200 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
[Dark Waters] Community

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers