Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Q&A Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:53 pm
lizg101
Hi how can i find other guilts?

Hover your mouse over Forum in the main header. Click Guilds in the drop down menu.
You'll see this page: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guildIt shows popular guilds. You can also search for guilds based on category. Click on the guilds to check them out. You can usually just send a request to join. Be sure to read their rules because some guilds might want you to fill out a form or something.

Or, another method, is checking out the Gaia Guilds Forum from the main list of forums. Some guilds make threads and are asking for users to join.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-guilds-network/f.156/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:24 am
Hi ^ v ^
I was wondering am I allowed to post a post after post couple of times in my thread? I don't know how to explain it.. Let's say posts number 11, 12 and 13 are all mine.. Am I allowed to do that?

I find it to be the easiest way when I have to reply to lots of people in my thread, but I don't want to break any rules ; - ;

bunbooh

Mewling Strawberry

7,325 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Unleash the Beast 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:50 pm
nyanineko
Hi ^ v ^
I was wondering am I allowed to post a post after post couple of times in my thread? I don't know how to explain it.. Let's say posts number 11, 12 and 13 are all mine.. Am I allowed to do that?

I find it to be the easiest way when I have to reply to lots of people in my thread, but I don't want to break any rules ; - ;

Where is your thread located? I could give you a more specific answer. > < (Like, what forum is it in? If you're not sure, you could post the link.)

But, generally, it mostly depends on what forum your thread is in.
For example, if it's in the Chatter Box (CB), then it's no problem.
However, the users in slower forums generally frown upon multiple responses like that. No matter how structured your reply is, they'll snap at you for "bumping" your thread. (Some forums allow bumping; some don't.)

Do you know that you could quote multiple people in one post and they'll all be notified? You could put all of your replies in one post. When in doubt, that's probably your safest bet. ^^

You know, like:

[quote="user1"] blah blah blah [/quote]
Reply here.

[quote="user2"] blah blah blah [/quote]
Reply here.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:55 pm
#1.) I would like to put the below linked banner into my signature, in support of this Guild. Do you have a sub-form showing codes for the various signature banners that are available for this Guild?

[img][img]http://i62.tinypic.com/qpm250.jpg[/img][/img]

*Update 6/19: Since posting these questions I've figured out how to get the code link for the signature banner for this Guild....as evident in my current signature.

#2a.) I have decorated my house. It's now time to place it in some town. I would prefer to have as quiet & peaceful town as possible. Are there any recommendations?

#2b.) Is it possible to look up where a friend placed their home, so I may be close to them?

#2c.) There are two options when it comes to placing my home in a town. Option one says that I can choose the place to put it. Option two says that I can let Gaia choose the place AND that it will cost 1,000 gold to do so. So my question is, can I get around paying the 1,000 gold by choosing my own town?

#3.) I have a Quest from Ian where I'm supposed to visit the Rally 5 times. I've gone to the Rally more than five times. I've even went to the back lot there. I've also done more than 5 practice races. Still there does not seem to be any update in the status of said Quest. Any suggestions?
http://i57.tinypic.com/4q253n.jpg[/img]]

Thanks to any & all who respond to my numerous questions.  

Catholic Joy

Newbie Gaian

4,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Voter 100
  • Citizen 200

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:00 am
Catholic Joy

I couldn't find a good guide, so I tested out this process using a mule. Here's what I found:

Just in case, I'm going to add this info here: The original Towns is old and is being phased out. Any houses there were placed years ago. New houses can be placed in Towns 2. Towns 2 has four different towns to choose from: Barton, Gambino, Durem and Aekea. From there, each town is separated into neighborhoods. Up to 6 houses may be placed in each neighborhood. (So six friends can share a neighborhood.)

You likely spoke to the robot in [The Factory] when you chose the type of home you wanted. Towns 2 has four different towns and the outer style of your house will change again depending on the town you live in. (You will again be given three different housing styles to choose from. Gaia hasn't updated this feature and the house you chose was based on the old, original Towns.)

I did not test out the option where they place my home for me. XD; So I can't really tell you how that works.
    Gaia made placing your own home a bit tricky. From the main area where you load into Towns 2 (Gambino Plaza), take the exit in the lower right. It's right above the bank with the blue roof. You should now be in an area called "Screaming Daggers." You'll load onto sand right outside a boardwalk with a restaurant called Screaming Daggers. Do not load into a new area. Walk down past the restaurant. Head right, towards the beach. You'll see an NPC on a taxi boat. To initiate the conversation about housing, click the orange square that has a house symbol on it. .... If that makes no sense, let me know and I'll make up a map. XD;;

I have decorated my house. It's now time to place it in some town. I would prefer to have as quiet & peaceful town as possible. Are there any recommendations?

For the most peaceful neighborhood, I would recommend creating your own neighborhood. You become the Landlord. You will have control over who gets to move their house into your neighborhood. You could have the whole place to yourself if you wanted.

I don't know which of the four towns is the most quiet. And, heck, I don't know which areas are loud and noisy. That might be a question to ask the users in the [Gaia Towns] forum. (There is a [Gaia Homes] forum, but it seems like it's specifically geared towards questions about the actual homes.)

Is it possible to look up where a friend placed their home, so I may be close to them?
    Yes. When you are choosing to place your own home, the pop up screen will look like this:
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If you have friends with a house in Towns 2, their names will appear. Click on their names to be transported to their neighborhood. If there is room in that neighborhood, you will see signs that say "for sale." (Once you've placed your home, you'll no longer be able to see for sale signs.) Click the sign. You may request permission from the landlord to move in. A PM is sent to the landlord.
    (Your friend may or may not be the landlord of that neighborhood. If not, maybe just send a PM to your friend and ask if the landlord would be okay with you moving in. You don't have to do that. It's just something I'd do. XD;)

If you want to start the process again, go to the Bus Stop on the left side of the screen. Click the Bus Stop post, say you want to go. You'll end up on a boat in the middle of the water. Click the orange housing sign in the upper left corner of the screen to get the same housing pop up screen that you started with. From there you can click a different friend's name, create your own neighborhood or explore again.

There are two options when it comes to placing my home in a town. Option one says that I can choose the place to put it. Option two says that I can let Gaia choose the place AND that it will cost 1,000 gold to do so. So my question is, can I get around paying the 1,000 gold by choosing my own town?

Don't worry about it. :) I don't have access to that prompt anymore, but go check it out again. Both options are free. It just warns you that it will cost you 1000g to relocate your home. It's free to place your home the first time. It will cost you gold only if you choose to move it.

I have a Quest from Ian where I'm supposed to visit the Rally 5 times. I've gone to the Rally more than five times. I've even went to the back lot there. I've also done more than 5 practice races. Still there does not seem to be any update in the status of said Quest. Any suggestions?

You know what? o: I thought that those Quests were inactive. XD; As far as I knew, Gaia had stopped using that system. Did you have other active Quests that worked?
    If so, this is probably a bug. Bugs and glitches can be reported in the [Bug Report Forum]. This is how your post should be formatted: [guidelines].
    The users there don't have the ability to fix your glitch unless they work for Gaia. However, the regulars often know of common bugs and can let you know of any known workarounds or if there's anything that you can do.

☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff