Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Some days 1 way, other days are completely different.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:55 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

Well right now I'm going to the adult school in my town to get my GED. On Monday and Wednesday's I have a math teacher and Tuesday and Thrusday's I have a teacher who teaches all other subjects.

There is a kid in my Monday/Wednesday class who is around 18yrs old or so and he is typically late for class, also while in that class he is sleeps through the lessons, talks loudly to the people sitting around him. When the teacher tries to get him to pay attention he kind of blows him off or is completely condescending.

This same kid is in another class on Tuesday/Thursday which happens to be right next to my class room. On these days he reads his bible while he is waiting for the class door to open up because he is there on time. I saw him reading his bible one morning and I stopped to talk about it and he was so nice and kind. We talked about his salvation and how he was a bad kid in high school and how he wants to go to seminary school and become a youth pastor. It was awesome to have this conversation with someone at school since just about everyone else talks down about God and Christianity.

The next day at back in the math class he was as bad as ever and he got told to quiet down and do his work many times. And it made me sad because other people who I sit with were judging him and getting annoyed with his disruptive antics. And it confuses me that he is so nice and cooperative on the other days. I keep asking myself, what makes a person do that? I know that no one is perfect but I don't get the extremes from one day to another. He said he comes from a strong christian family and that he teaches Sunday school for the younger kids and help leads youth meetings. Which just raises my eyebrows more and all I can do is pray for him and hope that his walk will be straight and narrow everyday of his life.

...Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:52 pm
Maybe he has an issue with math? I know some people just cannot focus is math classes and they find other ways to entertain(?) themselves. He could have certain things going on on Monday/Wednesday that result in him being unable to focus.
You said he's in another class on different days; he could act that way in there too.

*shrug* Odd behavior but I'm sure there's a reason behind it. I'm glad you had a chance to talk to him =)  

WoodSorrelWitch

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:23 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

That's very possible. His test scores are high in our class though. I also think it has something to do with the kids he sits around. They aren't Christian nor do they act respectable so he may just fall into their realm.

I'm glad I had that chance too, because we were talking for a while and the others who were waiting for classrooms to open up were standing around us and not a one of them had their own conversations going on. I could feel their eyes are ears focused on what we were talking about and I just pray that those people heard something that struck a cord inside them and they went home to talk about it someone in their family or a friend about it.

...Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:38 pm
That sounds to me like God was working there. What an awesome experience!  

WoodSorrelWitch

Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff