Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Banned Article: [D&D Kids: Girls at the Table] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:28 pm
Raganui Minamoto
... Can you multi-class in 4e?
You can multiclass and hybrid class. Multiclassing costs feats and you can only multi into a single other class, unless you're a bard since bards are awesome.

Hybridizing is blending two classes from the get-go, which can require some finesse. It is possible to further multiclass once you've hybiridized, but that's spreading yourself potentially rather thin. Hybrid rules are strict about not letting one class's abilities buff those of the other class.

In 3e terms, the alignment requirements of monk and barbarian are moot, monks can't level after multiclassing anyway. Monks lose no class abilities form becoming unlawful, simply the ability to gain more monk levels, which they've lost for becoming barbarian anyway. The trick is the order of level-gaining(and potential monastic training/Ascetic feats).  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:57 pm
Seph Baelzara
Dion Necurat
Seph Baelzara
Dion Necurat
Seph Baelzara
Raganui Minamoto
>four arms

Wtf was she?

Totally picturing this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Monk Barbarian

Classes do not grant extra arms, sir/madam. And if there is a race called "monk" or "barbarian" I am unaware.

Well no; I was simply commenting on how that character is a perfect example of a Monk (hand-to-hand-to-hand-to-hand martial arts) Barbarian (rage) hybrid.

Still doesn't explain what race she was. Not the picture, the character in question above

she ripped off the arms of a balor and took them  

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

loth17

Unforgiving Warlord

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:18 pm
Mongooseh
Its not technically allowed other than with dm hand wavery.
Monks have to be lawful.
Barbarians have to be chaotic.
Clash of alignments there so like I said hand waving must be done by the dm to undo it.

nope if a monk becomes chaotic they keep their monk powers they just cant get any higher level in the monk class  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:10 am
Lol this made me laugh~ just cause how true it is lol.
I'm a girl, and I do LOVE fluff =x gimme all the extra goodies and books and sources you can to help me make my char~ I spend days making a char. I have to look at and over everything why would she have this feat~ how would such and such a feat/flaw affect her playstyle/personality. I am far more concerned with out of combat stuff and role playing, then I am with fighting and what not. Also I only play races I deem cute/sexy, which isn't many, and my stats reflect that.
While most guys i know/have played with do seem to be the how can I get/make the best char, do the most damage, be the biggest and baddest?
I mean when was the last time you saw a thread on gaia that was like 'I am making X class what are some good tips RPing feats/spells/abilities?'
Never lol it's always how can I be the best, what is the optimized build, etc...etc...
I'd like a DM like the guy who wrote this lol, all I ever seem to get are the people who are like...An RP char. in D&D? wtf that is so stupid! you can't RP or show emotion in a char in D&D! you just have to do what the DM says and go kill everything!  

Seiryna

SaraTen

Aekea Bunny

7,750 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:17 pm
I was reading through it trying to find the offensive part...never did.

Well his journalistic flow was a bit off putting but I give him the benifit of the doubt as this was copy/pasted.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:42 am
At my school, my friends were either one or the other for the boys section. One of my friends wanted to be a wizard, so he could make a Hummer and drive around in it. The others all wanted to be big fatty fat hitbots. I was the cleric, to add a sense of balance.  

Cyrus The Keeper

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces