Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[SWSE] Dawn of Defiance <OoC> {Not accepting} Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:12 pm
(I imagine this post with a Winston Churchill voice. Humor me and picture it in your head. I'm totally serious all the time.)

The irony is directly after bitching at me? For sounding like I'm ordering players around; you're (Not just sounding like it either) ordering the DM around. Not that I would dare point out the hypocrisy in that. I just wanted to point out how you're fun; I like you. You just do and say what ever you feel on the spot with out thinking it through. It's bold! Innovative! It's passionate and expressive! I am envious of you in fact. I'm going to put you on my fridge so that whenever I feel bad I can look at you too feel better about my self. These posts are gold, I've never seen anyone get so shrill and indignant before. That alone is a merit-able note worthy feat.

However instead of shrill and indignant? May I be so bold as to simply suggest duplicity rolling the damage for Sakura? I know I am inexperienced in the ways of table top gaming. I only have a mere 13+ years of experience. This is merely mention from a humble pleb. I mean that would be awkward if you confused anything previously mentioned as suggestions. Only now am I actually trying to be diplomatic. Before now I was merely an arrogant p***k of some variety. Those were all orders given on my high authority. Nor is my authority imagined; it's all very real.

Nor would I ever in my wildest dreams think of patronizing you; especially now. That would imply that I thought you were lazy, ignorant, and incompetent; possibly incapable of reading the couple of short sections in the rules to familiarize your self with the game. That would be silly. It'ed also be silly if I suggested non-linear solutions. No! Decidedly and unanimously no! We must rush head long into every fight. We don't need to make the most use of our weapons, skills, and or powers? We will only fire a single shot at a time. Our enemies will just have to be patient and line up politely for us. Correct? Anything else would be dishonorable and ruin the spirit of a tactically influenced table top role playing game. NO! We must be heroic IN ACT AND THOUGHT! IN FACT WE MUST TAKE THIS WITH DEADLY SERIOUSNESS! These are grave matters indeed.

How presumptuous would I be to think that maturity is required on both parties. I am in fact the only a** hole here. With an iron brown eye tightly gripping the party into peek performance correct? If someone were to be so bold as to defy me? I would strike them down. I've been bitching about every single motion that wasn't fully utilized to it's most potential. I've been far too critical obviously.

In fact I sincerely think you should get a lawn chair and some lemonade. I can take care of all your fights from now on. I wouldn't want you to strain your fingers or eyes. I mean I know reading the entirety of previous posts for suggested solutions or compromises is all ready too difficult.

Nay, it would be further too bold of me to suggest that you and the care bears of your like are the cancer eating away at this guild. The reason why DMs can't stand running sessions for you. The reason why the sub forums died. Too bold indeed.

Now seriously, after taking a few weeks to consider the bigger picture and history? I can't stand most of you. You arrogance is definitively blinding. Seriously? You think you're too legit to hear suggestions or compromises? You obviously don't have a square handle on your s**t like a Tiffany cuff link. I strongly dislike Sakura, a lot of people do actually. He's kind of an example of what not to do in gaming, I even strongly dislike him as a person but besides the story teller and nik nik? He's been the only one decent enough to just be mature about it; or he just hasn't been getting into these trivial ignorant posts. All four of you couldn't be bothered to really read all the suggestions and compromises. The tragedy is traditionally when we have a legit DM? He doesn't have the patience to hold your ******** hands. Incompetent twits, dueces. I'm out, I've no intention of holding your grubby piece of s**t hands either.

This also about leaving on my terms. Which involves berating you and illustrating how incompetent you are. In gaming and as a person.

Also instead of talking to him belligerently here? Maybe you should of bothered to contact him privately or outside of gaia?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:21 pm
Wrasynth Ksyamen
Wah wah wah b***h b***h b***h moan moan moan

That's pretty much all I'm reading.

Have fun with other games, Wrasynth.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:25 pm
Despite the fact that the game is dead, I'm kinda happy to see that top post there. Because WK hates me for reasons I'm not entirely sure about, and I find myself often disliking him as well.

Sad to see the game floundering, though. It's likely just an issue with stuff ongoing, but still. After the ruckus caused by my vacation, the dead silence on the other end is a little frustrating. Fortunately, I've been busy enough catching up at work after my vacation that I hadn't really noticed. Though that reminds me to poke Anatarei to get his game moving and post in mine...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:56 pm
Yup, might as well cut our losses. The game's been dead for a week or so; no sense in sticking around.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:19 pm
I'll give it a little more time. No skin off my nose if it resumes later on. I liked Mir Eshke a fair bit, though in retrospect she is very much like my first SAGA character.

I've actually considered the idea that when she dies, her Force spirit passes along to inhabit the body of the aforementioned character, who was a human girl of the age of about 14 with jet black eyes and a penchant for Dark Sidery. She used the Force telepathy to drive a man to suicide once. That was a lot of fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:37 pm
Well for me, I was running a fairly generic character. Sure, it was an Ewok, but what else could I do? I'm not familiar enough with the mechanics of SWSE to get a feel for what I should at least attempt at.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:25 pm
Damn it, I won't be able to play Jaboo the semi psychotic Jawa Soldier. I loved his concept D:  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:55 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Damn it, I won't be able to play Jaboo the semi psychotic Jawa Soldier. I loved his concept D:

I'm gonna give it time until Seph comes back. Wrasynth just can't handle the fact that a player is capable of making sure the DM actually DMs.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:12 pm
Wrasynth just left after ranting at everyone about something or other. I honestly lost interest about half-way through, and I'll admit that his longer stuff starts to not even make full sense when I do start reading it. I'm hoping to continue playing Mir Eshke, but I also don't necessarily mind if the game falters. Playing first level characters just feels so flat sometimes...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:30 pm
Agreed. I mean, for me to get a really good feel of what I want to play in SWSE (not that I want to play just one kind of character, but to get a good all-around idea), mid-level is pretty decent (by that I mean between 3-6).  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:51 pm
Likewise for D&D, but SAGA's even more pronounced, because (aside from Jedi or Force users) the talents just don't start really giving you anything worthwhile until you've gotten a little bit going.

Also, it's much more pronounced in pbp, because it takes forever for anything to happen, and the likelihood of leveling up at all is pretty miniscule.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:54 pm
For what it's worth, I PM'd Seph (quoting his rather rude PM to me back when I was AFK) and I know he's gotten it, but I haven't received a response.  

Anatarei Crimsonthrone

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces