Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sailorcancer2004
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:16 pm
Si-Shen
They have some you can pre-order, including an Uncharted game.

Doesn't mean much lol.

I remember when the PSP first was announced and pre orders where being taken. Crisis Core was also up for pre order at that time.

CC came out 3-4 years after the PSP launched.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:34 pm
That was partially because Square announced around 5 titles at once, but did not really give anyone any real idea about a timeline just the format it would be released on. CC was great though.  

Si-Shen
Vice Captain

Hallowed Knight

8,700 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Deathman Kid

Dangerous Phantom

8,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:21 am
I'm still waiting for the one where everyone looks like they are from the same school or something. It was announced years ago. What happened? I think it starts with an A but Im not too sure.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:47 pm
Deathman Kid
I'm still waiting for the one where everyone looks like they are from the same school or something. It was announced years ago. What happened? I think it starts with an A but Im not too sure.

Final Fantasy Agito XIII?

Yeah... that was pretty crazy also.

FF13, Versus, and Agito where all announced at the same time E3 06 with the PS3. In agito defense we only got a name and nothing. While with 13 and Versus we got trailers.

Agito originally was a mobile game but got ported to the PSP. Now called Final Fantasy Type-0 will be out summer 2011 in Japan. I believe we have a winter release here.

Versus won't be out till like 2012. Which is SOOO messed up. Found out about Versus in 2006. Five years later we jsut started finding out about it.  

Sailorcancer2004
Captain

Si-Shen
Vice Captain

Hallowed Knight

8,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:51 am
Sailorcancer2004
Deathman Kid

Final Fantasy Agito XIII?

Yeah... that was pretty crazy also.

FF13, Versus, and Agito where all announced at the same time E3 06 with the PS3. In agito defense we only got a name and nothing. While with 13 and Versus we got trailers.

Agito originally was a mobile game but got ported to the PSP. Now called Final Fantasy Type-0 will be out summer 2011 in Japan. I believe we have a winter release here.

Versus won't be out till like 2012. Which is SOOO messed up. Found out about Versus in 2006. Five years later we jsut started finding out about it.
Square-Enix is like that though, they like to talk about some of their big titles and plans WAY in advance but not tell you that they wont have anything for you for 5 or so years.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:26 pm
Yep Square is like that. I remember Final Fantasy VII remake was planned and nothing for years until a few years ago they dropped it.  

Deathman Kid

Dangerous Phantom

8,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200

Sailorcancer2004
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:45 pm
Deathman Kid
Yep Square is like that. I remember Final Fantasy VII remake was planned and nothing for years until a few years ago they dropped it.

There was NEVER a FF7 remake ever planed. It was a technical demo. Square has done this in the past on newer hardware. FF6 was demoed/playable on SGI hardware (N64), FF8 had the waltz scene demoed on the PS2 during an E3, and FF7 opening for the PS3.

Despite technical demo smeared all over it people jumped the gun thinking it was a game trailer. It wasn't.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:51 pm
Sailorcancer2004
Deathman Kid

There was NEVER a FF7 remake ever planed. It was a technical demo. Square has done this in the past on newer hardware. FF6 was demoed/playable on SGI hardware (N64), FF8 had the waltz scene demoed on the PS2 during an E3, and FF7 opening for the PS3.

Despite technical demo smeared all over it people jumped the gun thinking it was a game trailer. It wasn't.

Ahh My mistake  

Deathman Kid

Dangerous Phantom

8,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Dressed Up 200

Si-Shen
Vice Captain

Hallowed Knight

8,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:20 pm
Deathman Kid
Sailorcancer2004
Deathman Kid

Ahh My mistake
Aye, although the original project lead had, in an interview, admitted he would like to remake it on PS3, he said he had other projects that had to be done first before they could even concider it. I don't think we will see a remake until its next big aniversery... and only if fan interest remains. Althouigh I am not a fan of their new FF combat system.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:58 pm
Deathman Kid
Sailorcancer2004
Deathman Kid

Ahh My mistake

It happens. Doesn't help that the news site kept adding fuel to the fire.  

Sailorcancer2004
Captain

Si-Shen
Vice Captain

Hallowed Knight

8,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:21 pm
Sailorcancer2004
Deathman Kid
Sailorcancer2004
Deathman Kid

Ahh My mistake

Thats what news sites do, papers did it for years and now its happening on the net. Little things get stired up until its a major issue. Where I live the paper tried to make a huge deal about blackberry costs for all its employees that have them, trying to make them out to be irrisponsible, etc. When you looked at the numbers though, for the number of BB's out there, it worked out to be like $30 a month per employee, in Canada thats a huge deal, I cant get a BB for that much myself, avg plans are about $50. So there was NO issue, but they tried to stir one up, same thing in a way that many sites did with the rumoured FF7 remake.
I don't doubt that at one point they do remake it, or atleast update the graphics like they did for the earlier FF titles but I would not put a timeline on that. They could do it this year, or in another 10 or more.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:51 pm
Si-Shen
Sailorcancer2004
Deathman Kid
Sailorcancer2004
Deathman Kid

Ahh My mistake

Thats what news sites do, papers did it for years and now its happening on the net. Little things get stired up until its a major issue. Where I live the paper tried to make a huge deal about blackberry costs for all its employees that have them, trying to make them out to be irrisponsible, etc. When you looked at the numbers though, for the number of BB's out there, it worked out to be like $30 a month per employee, in Canada thats a huge deal, I cant get a BB for that much myself, avg plans are about $50. So there was NO issue, but they tried to stir one up, same thing in a way that many sites did with the rumoured FF7 remake.
I don't doubt that at one point they do remake it, or atleast update the graphics like they did for the earlier FF titles but I would not put a timeline on that. They could do it this year, or in another 10 or more.

I wonder if they made a big deal about that internal letter that went around over at RIM.  

Sailorcancer2004
Captain

Si-Shen
Vice Captain

Hallowed Knight

8,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:00 pm
The one talking about the re-organization? they mentioned it but did not do much with it, aside from saying the company is doing what many others have done and tech reviewers who were expecting more from the Playbook then what they were given, most just said "so its normal business". Some claimed it was the begining of the end but RIM is still far to popular, especially in the business world. The Gov't here won't authorize and other smart phones in part because the e-mail system does not meet security requirements that RIM's does.

Also there just wasn't the fan base or interest group to fan the flames once the papers got a hold of it and thats what hurt the FF7 remake talk rumors the most.  
The Sony Playstation Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff