Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
the church

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WoodSorrelWitch

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 11:06 am
At what point should one indulge the idea of finding a new church?
For the past couple of years, I have felt a lot of guilt in the church where my faith grew. It's the only church I've been to. But I'm tired of just feeling them slather on the guilt. I can pick through it and get their message they're preaching.

My boyfriend, who is still figuring out how he feels about God, has been going with me for a few months now. He really has an issue with how much guilt they're preaching. He doesn't want to go back but he's not opposed to finding a new church with me.

There are a lot of denominations out there that differ on some things. So what does one look for when looking for a new church?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:39 am
Denomination does not matter, what matters, at least to me, is if the church is a bible preaching church. Do they follow the word of God or do they add their own parts in? Are the members of the church loving and caring when you visit? Are their people your own age at this church? When the sermon is being preached do you feel like you are being fed God's word or do you have a hard time relating? Do they offer bible studies, or fellowship get togethers where you can get a closer feel for who the people of the church are?

Talk to some Christians you know in their area you live in and ask them about their churches or a church they know of that is something to check out.

Pray for God to lead you to your church home. He doesn't want you in a place where you are made to feel bad, uncomfortable at times, sure, but that's a given in my opinion because sometimes we just need to feel that way so we get out of the situation we are in and step out on faith. God will lead you to the place you need to be!  

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Phantom Jutsu

Shameless Pyromaniac

14,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:20 am
It is true that as Christians we should be well aware of our guilt before a just and holy God. However; it is also important to remember that Christ has paid the price for that guilt and we are welcomed as children of God. If you feel like you are only being reminded on one of those at your church you might be wise to look for another church; even more so if it will help your boyfriend be more open to the gospel.  
Advice ~ because we care

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games