Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D 4e] The Ca-anas Conflict [Recruiting 4/5] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:43 pm
SporkMaster5000
NayrVentess
Hey hey hey everyone, sorry i haven't been on in a while. Have been visiting my girlfriend for the last week.

Going to get my character on mythweavers now then post it here afterwards.

EDIT: Here is Abraxus the Dragonborn Ardent, and close friend/rival of Scorn. Spork, are we just going with, we are mercenaries who travel together? Or something a bit more in depth? Perhaps we fought before, and were too well matched so we joined forces? Or one of us saved the others life?
I hadn't thought too much about it. Maybe they're both mercenaries who have focused their careers on being terrifying through different means. Scorn is all about the natural/arcane intimidation given by his imperious majesty whereas Abraxus has spent his life honing his psychic ability to inspire fear. They meet either working the same job or on opposite sides of a job and develop a sort of mutual respect when they see the opposite approaches to the same goal, so they decide to partner up, with or without undertones of one-upsmanship all the while.

yup yup, all sounds good smile looking forward to playing at the dynamic.

EDIT: Not just his psychic ability. Also his innate Dragonborn Fear abilities. Scary dragon frightful presence shiz. I've even taken a paragon path dedicated to enhancing his inborn fear inspiring....ness....  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:48 pm
NayrVentess
SporkMaster5000
NayrVentess
Hey hey hey everyone, sorry i haven't been on in a while. Have been visiting my girlfriend for the last week.

EDIT: Here is Abraxus the Dragonborn Ardent, and close friend/rival of Scorn. Spork, are we just going with, we are mercenaries who travel together? Or something a bit more in depth? Perhaps we fought before, and were too well matched so we joined forces? Or one of us saved the others life?
I hadn't thought too much about it. Maybe they're both mercenaries who have focused their careers on being terrifying through different means. Scorn is all about the natural/arcane intimidation given by his imperious majesty whereas Abraxus has spent his life honing his psychic ability to inspire fear. They meet either working the same job or on opposite sides of a job and develop a sort of mutual respect when they see the opposite approaches to the same goal, so they decide to partner up, with or without undertones of one-upsmanship all the while.

yup yup, all sounds good smile looking forward to playing at the dynamic.

EDIT: Not just his psychic ability. Also his innate Dragonborn Fear abilities. Scary dragon frightful presence shiz. I've even taken a paragon path dedicated to enhancing his inborn fear inspiring....ness....
oh, i thought fear walker was an ardent path. well then maybe it can tap into the racial tension with each trying to prove their bloodline's innate horrors are scarier  

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:54 pm
Yeah it's a Dragonborn racial paragon path, although I have just had a look, and all the powers from it have psychic as a keyword, so it's similar anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:35 pm
NayrVentess
Dion Necurat
NayrVentess

Interesting concept you have here. I do have one question about your ability scores. I saw that you have two 21s; how did you get those?

My basic unaltered level 1 ability scores are such:

Str: 10
Con: 16
Dex: 8
Int: 13
Wis: 11
Cha: 16

As a Dragonborn I get a +2 to Cha and Str/Con, and then at level 4 and 8 I raised Cha and Con by one each both times, and then level 11 brings a +1 to all scores....thus:

Str: 10+1=11
Con: 16+2+1+1+1=21
Dex: 8+1=9
Int: 13+1=14
Wis: 11+1=12
Cha: 16+2+1+1+1=21

Ahh, I see now. I thought you had an 18 in there; that threw me off.

Anywho, looks good.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 6:35 pm
When is this game starting?  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:16 pm
Arc Vembris
When is this game starting?

I'm still waiting on Dark-Hinata.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:03 am
Might want to send her a PM. She's only posted 3 times on this guild, and they were all in this thread on the same day, so she may well have forgotten about this game. Then again she hasn't been on Gaia in a week and a half, so may need to open up the position to someone else.  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 1:16 pm
I did send her a message not too long ago, but I think I'll just open up her spot anyway.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:07 am
We have four people, is that good enough to start? I really want this game to get going, and a fifth player could always join after if there is another person interested???  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:34 am
I suppose we could; let me find my campaign notes and maps and then we'll get started.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

joe-dude667

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:12 am
Woop woop! mrgreen

Still need to do Aihnah's background actually. And Philippe's from the Ebberon game. I suck at doing backgrounds... sweatdrop

I know that her beast companion is her sister, that got turned into a dog for... some reason. Which is why Aihnah spends most of her time in beast form. Anyone want to add a couple of fighting dogs into their background? =P  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:46 pm
Sorry for the wait, guys. Still looking for those campaign notes. They're around here somewhere.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

NayrVentess

2,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:17 am
This game coming along???  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:19 am
NayrVentess
This game coming along???

Yeah, sorry. Still looking for them. I could've sworn I-

...Oh wait, I didn't write them down; I typed it out. sweatdrop No wonder I couldn't find it lying around; its saved on my computer. We'll get started as soon as I have the full introduction written out.

Oh yeah, I was gonna ask; any chance we could get a subforum? I was thinking of dividing this up into separate chapters.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:44 pm
Dion Necurat
Oh yeah, I was gonna ask; any chance we could get a subforum? I was thinking of dividing this up into separate chapters.
give rain a poke. if he renames (and if required, changes the permissions) on one of the empty ones i can ship your threads in there.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff