Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Some truth of what's happening in this world...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azkeel

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:12 pm
http://beforeitsnews.com/story/621/726/Christian_Church_Burnings_Are_Happening_All_Over_The_World_And_The_U.S._Media_Is_Deadly_Silent_About_It.html

We're under attack my Christian family. Don't let others tell you different. And do not believe Islam is a peaceful religion. They're covering this stuff up for a reason... And I've looked into Islam far enough to know it's a doctrine of hate.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:40 am
Of course it's a doctrine of hate. Everyone knows that. O_O "Kill them and them, and them and them, and then ourselves by bomb because that's what makes our god happy." Wow, what a great god they have. -_-  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Azkeel

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:32 am
Br1ttana
Of course it's a doctrine of hate. Everyone knows that. O_O "Kill them and them, and them and them, and then ourselves by bomb because that's what makes our god happy." Wow, what a great god they have. -_-
They don't know that. They continue to preach it's a faith of peace.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:06 am
*Sips tea*

Actually, Islam is a fairly peaceful religion. It has its extremists, but as with most such groups, those tend to comprise a very, very small minority of the population (and they usually don't have very high approval ratings). Consider the general unrest in the Middle East at the moment, in which most of them are very tired of those dictatorships and are standing up for more rights. Heck, some people have ASKED places like America for help.

Br1ttana, when it comes to "kill ourselves by bomb", that actually tends to happen for different reasons than simple religion. A look into the people who do suicide bombing reveals that most of them are fairly well-off in life, and they're very, very eager to try and make sure that people react to their actions in a positive way. Pretty much every religion in the world discourages suicide, and these people don't usually want to kill themselves so much as they want to protect their way of life, which they often feel is being threatened to the point where drastic action is necessary. It may surprise you that a majority of suicide bombers actually come from nations that are ostensibly the 'allies' of the West, and not the nations that tend to dislike America/Europe/etc. Try reading "Dying to Win", by Robert A. Pape, for a thorough study of the subject. Seriously. Like, put it on hold at your library or something. Right now.

Nobody can deny that some people take their religion too far. Even Christians are often guilty of this, and I find it difficult to hate Muslims. Most of them are basically normal, ordinary people, and they are also the children of God, ultimately a potential part of the family of Christ. ^^ You may be calling them a religion of hate here, but I'm not seeing any effort on your part to be different. Isn't it better to try and understand them, rather than talking about how supposedly hateful they are?  

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Azkeel

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:10 am
Rednal
*Sips tea*

Actually, Islam is a fairly peaceful religion. It has its extremists, but as with most such groups, those tend to comprise a very, very small minority of the population (and they usually don't have very high approval ratings). Consider the general unrest in the Middle East at the moment, in which most of them are very tired of those dictatorships and are standing up for more rights. Heck, some people have ASKED places like America for help.

Br1ttana, when it comes to "kill ourselves by bomb", that actually tends to happen for different reasons than simple religion. A look into the people who do suicide bombing reveals that most of them are fairly well-off in life, and they're very, very eager to try and make sure that people react to their actions in a positive way. Pretty much every religion in the world discourages suicide, and these people don't usually want to kill themselves so much as they want to protect their way of life, which they often feel is being threatened to the point where drastic action is necessary. It may surprise you that a majority of suicide bombers actually come from nations that are ostensibly the 'allies' of the West, and not the nations that tend to dislike America/Europe/etc. Try reading "Dying to Win", by Robert A. Pape, for a thorough study of the subject. Seriously. Like, put it on hold at your library or something. Right now.

Nobody can deny that some people take their religion too far. Even Christians are often guilty of this, and I find it difficult to hate Muslims. Most of them are basically normal, ordinary people, and they are also the children of God, ultimately a potential part of the family of Christ. ^^ You may be callingthem a religion of hate here, but I'm not seeing any effort on your part to be different. Isn't it better to try and understand them, rather than talking about how supposedly hateful they are?
Shall we bring up scripture? (I'm willing to bring koran scripture into this.) Nothing in the gospel tells us to go forth and kill. We're told to love and turn the other cheek when others beat us. Unlike koran.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:15 am
Sura 9:5, Qu'ran

“Slay the idolators wherever ye find them, and take them captive, and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the last Day…. Go forth, light-armed and heavy-armed, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the way of Allah!  

rosadria

Azkeel

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:19 am
VK Fox
Sura 9:5, Qu'ran

“Slay the idolators wherever ye find them, and take them captive, and besiege them, and prepare for them each ambush. Fight against such of those who have been given the Scripture as believe not in Allah nor the last Day…. Go forth, light-armed and heavy-armed, and strive with your wealth and your lives in the way of Allah!
But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
Matthew 5:39  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:20 am
Rednal
*Sips tea*

Nobody can deny that some people take their religion too far. Even Christians are often guilty of this, and I find it difficult to hate Muslims. Most of them are basically normal, ordinary people, and they are also the children of God, ultimately a potential part of the family of Christ. ^^ You may be calling them a religion of hate here, but I'm not seeing any effort on your part to be different. Isn't it better to try and understand them, rather than talking about how supposedly hateful they are?
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Matthew 5:44

If Christians are to follow their scripture we're the ones with love!  

Azkeel

Rednal

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 7:31 am
Source: http://www.soundvision.com/info/peace/quran.asp

Surah 2:

2.190. Fight against those who fight against you in the way of God, but do not transgress, for God does not love transgressors.

Quote:
Does this not suggest fighting more when attacked, rather than being the one to initiate an attack?

2.191. Kill them whenever you confront them and drive them out from where they drove you out. (For though killing is sinful) wrongful persecution is even worse than killing. Do not fight against them near the Holy Mosque unless they fight against you; but if they fight against you kill them, for that is the reward of such unbelievers.

Quote:
Consider the context of this verse in line with the previous one. Context is very important. Taking things out of context can easily pervert their meaning. What's the context of Sura 9:5, by the way? Here, in cases where others started it, take back where you have been driven out from... but don't go overboard and keep doing it. If they say they don't want to fight, put away your weapons. Doesn't seem terribly warmongering to me.

Oh, and that bit about "wrongful persecution" is worse seems more of a comment on avoiding judgements and conflicts when you can. Don't persecute others.

2.192. Then if they desist, know well that God is Ever-Forgiving, Most Compassionate.

Quote:
Again, implying that it is good to put away your weapons if your opponents do the same. That's not the mark of a violent religion.

2.193. Keep on fighting against them until mischief ends and the way prescribed by God prevails. But if they desist, then know that hostility is only against the wrong-doers.

Quote:
Admittedly a little bit on the opaque side, but to me, this seems to suggest that you should only be hostile towards those who are hostile towards you.

2.194. The sacred month for the sacred month; sanctities should be respected alike ( by all concerned). Thus, if someone has attacked you, attack him just as he attacked you, and fear God and remain conscious that God is with those who guard against violating the bounds set by Him.

Quote:
Don't harm people more than you have been harmed. Keep God in mind, and remember that you are supported as long as you do not violate the bounds set... you know, the ones mentioned above about not going overboard, not transgressing, etc.

@Azkeel: Basically my point. Honestly? I think if we were all to chill out a little, tensions could considerably ease for everyone involved. Even for people I disagree with, I try to remember the bigger picture. There is no harm that can be done to me by man that will not eventually pass. Even should I lose my life, so what? I have Eternal Life with the Lord. Pain and suffering will end, troubles and toils will finish.  
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:21 pm
Rednal
Source: http://www.soundvision.com/info/peace/quran.asp

Surah 2:

2.190. Fight against those who fight against you in the way of God, but do not transgress, for God does not love transgressors.

Quote:
Does this not suggest fighting more when attacked, rather than being the one to initiate an attack?

2.191. Kill them whenever you confront them and drive them out from where they drove you out. (For though killing is sinful) wrongful persecution is even worse than killing. Do not fight against them near the Holy Mosque unless they fight against you; but if they fight against you kill them, for that is the reward of such unbelievers.

Quote:
Consider the context of this verse in line with the previous one. Context is very important. Taking things out of context can easily pervert their meaning. What's the context of Sura 9:5, by the way? Here, in cases where others started it, take back where you have been driven out from... but don't go overboard and keep doing it. If they say they don't want to fight, put away your weapons. Doesn't seem terribly warmongering to me.

Oh, and that bit about "wrongful persecution" is worse seems more of a comment on avoiding judgements and conflicts when you can. Don't persecute others.

2.192. Then if they desist, know well that God is Ever-Forgiving, Most Compassionate.

Quote:
Again, implying that it is good to put away your weapons if your opponents do the same. That's not the mark of a violent religion.

2.193. Keep on fighting against them until mischief ends and the way prescribed by God prevails. But if they desist, then know that hostility is only against the wrong-doers.

Quote:
Admittedly a little bit on the opaque side, but to me, this seems to suggest that you should only be hostile towards those who are hostile towards you.

2.194. The sacred month for the sacred month; sanctities should be respected alike ( by all concerned). Thus, if someone has attacked you, attack him just as he attacked you, and fear God and remain conscious that God is with those who guard against violating the bounds set by Him.

Quote:
Don't harm people more than you have been harmed. Keep God in mind, and remember that you are supported as long as you do not violate the bounds set... you know, the ones mentioned above about not going overboard, not transgressing, etc.

@Azkeel: Basically my point. Honestly? I think if we were all to chill out a little, tensions could considerably ease for everyone involved. Even for people I disagree with, I try to remember the bigger picture. There is no harm that can be done to me by man that will not eventually pass. Even should I lose my life, so what? I have Eternal Life with the Lord. Pain and suffering will end, troubles and toils will finish.
That seems to more suggest they convert or die. As for fight against they can interpret it as a Christian simply trying to convert them by giving them the gospel. The Christian would be "Fighting" against their faith. No matter if they believe the Gospel but yet don't read it they would realize their doctrine is in strict contradiction to peace. You can't have peace by fighting. What happened to God's wrath is His own? Their doctrine is just a form for a government. The gospel says a man should love his wife as Christ loves the Church. Their doctrine says to beat (Gently haha) their wife.  

Azkeel

Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff