Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Updates! [4E]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:23 pm
I know some of you like to keep up to date on what's changing in your books. And I also know wizards has a terrible habit of hiding this information for some reason. FYI, there's an update this month.

they've apparently done away with the PDF compilation of just this month's updates, giving a brief list of the changes for us to go ferret out the detailed versions in the pdfs for each individual book. Thanks WotC... stare  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:12 pm
WHYYY did they nerf Pelor's Radiance?!  

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:42 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
WHYYY did they nerf Pelor's Radiance?!
Pelor had it coming! scream  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:07 pm
I'm just waiting to make Pelor's clergy the villains of a campaign.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Mackie the Knife

6,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:33 pm
Arc Vembris
Plotting to do any with the night and bring about an era of endless sunlight, no doubt.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:41 am
To shift gears slightly, has anyone experimented with the new fortune cards? I bought two booster packs today to see what they were about, and it seems like an interesting element to the game.

To clarify, the fortune cards act similar to, say, a potion, only instead of chuggin' something and losing a healing surge to get a benefit, you expend this card to get a nice little bonus.  

Lord of the Vine

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:22 am
The cards seem silly to me.

On the Subject of Updates: Do you HAVE to use them? or can I use my un-errated PHB? I don't feel like getting a bunch of sticky notes and posting them in there.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:45 am
Mackie the Knife
Arc Vembris
Plotting to do any with the night and bring about an era of endless sunlight, no doubt.

Illuminati anyone?  

Arc Vembris
Crew

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:50 am
Arc Vembris
Mackie the Knife
Arc Vembris

Illuminati anyone?
I see what you did there.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:10 pm
SporkMaster5000
Arc Vembris
Mackie the Knife
Arc Vembris

Illuminati anyone?
I see what you did there.

Pelor's clergy would be a good pairing for Star Pact warlocks. Radiant damage is radiant damage, right? The sun is just another big star, right? Pelor was one of the three deities to open/shatter the Living Gate, right? What if he had an eldritch abomination as an exarch? That might splinter the faithful a bit.

Dude, what if Pelor was just an ascended Far Realm Starspawn? The light! The horrible horrible light! It's all a cover-up, man! They can't let anybody knZALGO!!!! HE COMES.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:25 pm
Arcanist Angus

On the Subject of Updates: Do you HAVE to use them? or can I use my un-errated PHB? I don't feel like getting a bunch of sticky notes and posting them in there.

I think that's up to the DM of the game you're playing.

If a power was fixed because it was wrong or broken, I would say no. If a power was given as an alternative (like magic missile), I couldn't care less which one you used.

For example: the PHB Cleric Paragon Path, Radiant Servant, has an encounter power called Solar Wrath. Before, it was close burst 8 with 3d8 + wis damage, now it's close burst 3 with 2d6 + wis damage. I would not let anyone use the former.
On the other hand, Tiefling's racial power used to grant them a +1 power bonus to their next attack roll vs an enemy that hit them, and now it's a close burst 10, single-target damage attack if hit. I'd let players use either one (and the feat versions that support either).  
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 2:05 am
Rain Yupa
Arcanist Angus

I think that's up to the DM of the game you're playing.

If a power was fixed because it was wrong or broken, I would say no. If a power was given as an alternative (like magic missile), I couldn't care less which one you used.

For example: the PHB Cleric Paragon Path, Radiant Servant, has an encounter power called Solar Wrath. Before, it was close burst 8 with 3d8 + wis damage, now it's close burst 3 with 2d6 + wis damage. I would not let anyone use the former.
On the other hand, Tiefling's racial power used to grant them a +1 power bonus to their next attack roll vs an enemy that hit them, and now it's a close burst 10, single-target damage attack if hit. I'd let players use either one (and the feat versions that support either).

Oh, okay, awesome! Thanks for the clarification.  

Cunning Witch Angus

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff