Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Lolita Society.

Back to Guilds

Tags: gothic lolita, japanese fashion, lolita 

Reply The Lolita Society.
Cyber Lolita & Decora Lolita...Your Thoughts?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think these two lolita styles are styles all their own?
  Yes
  No
  Not sure
View Results

Nunxtea

Bashful Seeker

3,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Timid 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:45 am

Tell me my fellow Loli-lovers, what are your views on these to styles of Lolita? Do you think they're a style all their own or would you consider them to be sub-categories to the Punk-Lolita fashion? whee

Let's debate! 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:56 pm
I consider both there own styles. Just like I consider Fairy Kei its own style. Lolita has so many sub genres but they are all formal and elegant. Cyber and decora styles stray away from this formality.  

Lady Cecilie

6,400 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

JapanCandys

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:48 pm
I like this idea, but at the same time I dont

maybe if there was a rave lolita deal that would be sweet

eek

omg

I'm ganna make that happen

lol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:19 pm
I've been thinking about it and I guess I don't really consider them lolita, though they might fit under the punk category, but if you like them, go for it!

For me there are these Lolita styles: Sweet, Classic, and Gothic, though the lines can be blurry in places. Punk with lolita pieces is still Punk. Many fashions can share the same clothing pieces, just put together differently, like some of Himegyaru pieces can be used in Lolita outfits, but the overall fashion is based on aesthetic more than actual clothing worn. Sometimes I see outfits called 'Steampunk Lolita' that could be just called Lolita, or others that should just be called Steampunk, in my opinion. I love both Steampunk and Lolita, but I don't love everything about both of them, and Lolita seems to be a much narrower focus anyway.  

PearlZenith
Vice Captain

Toeuno

Shameless Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:11 pm
Yes, I consider them as their own unique style of Lolita. Although I don't know much about it yet, I agree that the Cyber Lolita style could be put under the "punk" category. As for Decora Lolita, I think it's a mix of sweet but still punk lolita.

The Lolita Society.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games