Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Pets and Animals Guild!

Back to Guilds

Tags: pets, animals, dogs, cats 

Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
Is anyone here against fishing? /whooo went fishing today xD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LuvByrd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:10 am
I like hunting and fishing when it is to eat and use the animal in question. I don't like catch and release - as my dad calls it, harass and release. Though, a bit of it seems inevitable as there is usually some sort of fish in the water that you're not allowed to catch that might bite. I think meat is important to a human's diet, therefore it should be fine to catch your own food. But you know, be responsible. Don't deplete stuff - duh.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:31 pm
I don't think anyone kills fish for recreation. When it comes to fishing for food. It's kinda great IMO. Better than buying a fish that was probably farmed. I can see how catch&release is cruel, though I never put much thought into it. I've done it since I was a kid. I generally just enjoy catching creatures. I do frogs, snakes even tadpoles by hand. That is stressful to an extent to I'm sure.  

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

Skeksis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:19 pm
Jiti
Skeksis
Vanilla eXee
Skeksis

That being said, I would LOVE to learn how to tickle trout.

0.0 What is?

An old poacher's trick; basically by carefully rubbing the belly of a trout it can be sent into a 'trance' and then easily lifted from the water by hand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trout_tickling
[♫=♥]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Haha, it would probably take a while to perfect it. I think that finding the trout and getting your hand close enough without being detected would be the hardest part. XD

Lady Lagomorph- it's not so much getting excited about killing as it is getting excited about being successful. That may seem like a paltry distinction but there it is nevertheless. I personally do not get excited about the kill when I hunt, but I do get excited about having a week's worth of meat in the fridge. Or whatever the goal of a particular hunt is.
People hunt and appreciate hunting for a wide variety of reasons. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:59 pm
I Used To Go Fishing When I Was A Kid.
There Was A Little Lake/Pond In The Park, My Dad Would Take Us There Every Other Sunday...Or Every Sunday He Needed To Make Up For Something.

Funny Thing, My Dad Would Keep The Fish...As Pets. They Were Just Little Small Grey Fish...But They Were Cute...Somehow xD

My Point...Im Not Against Fishing 3nodding

weecest

Romantic Nerd

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:58 pm
Honestly I think it's cruel to go hook a bunch of wild fish. I know I wouldn't like it if somebody did the same to me...

However, If you want to eat fish (I personally don't eat any meat or animal products, except the eggs my chickens produce, because I'm 100% sure that they're happy and healthy and doing all that natural chicken stuff), I think it is better to fish that way. Much better then a whole school of fish be caught in a net with a bunch of other fish as well, or buying farmed fish.  
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff