Omg, OWCH. Thanks, Roland!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skeksis

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:17 pm
Thanks a lot!

So my usually docile, placid boy was throwing a massive tantrum last night whilst I was trying to fit his tracking collar. It would have taken about thirty seconds if he had just stopped flailing about and let me do it but no, he wanted to get down and going and he wasn't going to wait for me to get the collar on...so I sat down and kinda wedged him between the top of my leg and my body to keep him still [and it would have looked every bit as ridiculous as you can imagine], which he really didn't appreciate.
Then he turned his head and grabbed me by the nose! The b*****d! rofl
I finally got the collar fitted and he stomped off down the rabbit hole reprimanding me with big loud dooks as he went. My nose bled like mad and I had it all over my face and hands. Classy. And it was only a tiny cut! confused Made my eyes water, though. whee

And no rabbits at home after all that. All that drama for nothing. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:26 am
Perhaps place the track before you have him in the field? Maybe then he'll be more cooperative.  

Akiska

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:45 am
yes,he was prolly pretty excited xD I hear that nose nips bleed like crazy o.o  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:37 am

Ouch! Someone work up on the wrong side of the hutch.

Vanilla eXee

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:39 am
Agrees with Aki, or let him have his fit and wait for him to calm down. Then be all "are you done!?" stare  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:07 am
Haha, if I put it on at home he spends the -entire- drive and walk trying to get it off and it drives me nuts. So I have pretty much come to terms with having to wrestle with him a bit, though he isn't usually that bad. He was so jacked up that I think he would have resisted all night and I did want to get to bed at some point. XP

You heard right Cowgirl, it was the most insignificant little slice ever but it bled for about fifteen minutes and was absolutely everywhere. eek  

Skeksis

Akiska

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:14 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
yes,he was prolly pretty excited xD I hear that nose nips bleed like crazy o.o

True that. I had a rabbit take the tip of my nose, Just a little n**, two perfect little slices and bled for an hour and a half.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:25 pm
wow lol,I wonder why they bleed so much...  

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Gabrielle_AnimalLuver
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:18 pm
Cowgirl-with-heart
wow lol,I wonder why they bleed so much...
lots of capillaries maybe  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:21 pm
Facial and head wounds bleed a LOT in comparison to other body parts. I don't remember why. Just know I've had to get stitches on my eyebrow and the top of my head, and both bled like a fountain.  

kage no neko

Invisible Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Cowgirl-with-heart

Friendly Nerd

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:03 pm
maybe its to flush out bacteria better,around the head its closer to the brain,your body probably knows that,and bleeds more to insure no infection,as it will be able to travel to your brain faster?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:11 pm
perhaps all his reprimanding gave a warning ot the rabbits to take off?  

Mistress of Rain

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100

Akiska

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:08 am
Cowgirl-with-heart
maybe its to flush out bacteria better,around the head its closer to the brain,your body probably knows that,and bleeds more to insure no infection,as it will be able to travel to your brain faster?

Only certain infections can get to the brain because of the blood brain barrier. [but those that do watch out they're baddies] Certain medications can't get to the brain in the blood stream either because they can't pass through. There's not as much tissue under the skin on the head and face, less to interfere with blood flow, add that to the blood pressure, which for the same reason is higher around the head clotting actually slows.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:45 pm
Mistress of Rain
perhaps all his reprimanding gave a warning ot the rabbits to take off?

Nah, they wouldn't have bolted before he went down, only would have gone deeper into the warren. Roland has never been one to skim a warren though so he would have found them if they were there...we were just unlucky and no one was home. It happens sometimes and very used, promising looking warrens can hold nothing. And the reverse can happen also, like the time I sent a ferret into a manky, cobwebby, totally overgrown hole that looked like it hadn't seen a rabbit in years. I didn't even bother putting a net out it looked so unlikely...really just wanted to give the fert one last run before hometime.
And of course there was a rabbit in there and it made a textbook bolt about five seconds after the ferret went in. emo  

Skeksis

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff