Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
School Calls Me A Satan Worshiper Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blaise-Ingram

Dangerous Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:19 pm
As for "dressing like the devil", I'd say that the devil dresses like normal human beings. The devil wears whatever he thinks will fit his needs and agenda at the time.

The devil can wear the clothes of anyone. As a writer, it's common to hear that "you can tell what kind of character a fictional person is by the clothing they wear", but this isn't always true in real life.

A well-dressed businesswoman and a young girl in a beautiful and modest white glittery dress with a floral pattern can still be "dressing like the devil", if they appear outwardly beautiful but they're ugly and sinful and terrible on the inside. Outward appearances don't always reflect what's on the inside.

By saying "these black clothes are Satanic, I choose not to wear them", that's just the same as admitting that Satan has power over you. Which he doesn't. He can lead anyone to sin, but he doesn't control you.

So you know what? Slap Satan in the face by wearing that clothing anyways. You shouldn't fear the devil, only fear God. The devil's got NOTHING on you, and honestly wearing black clothes and makeup and witchy accessories isn't going to magically make you a Satan-worshipper or something like that. If anything it does the opposite. It's like a kick in the seat of the pants to the devil, saying "HAH. I SHOWED YOU. LOSER. YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE."

Take the fight right to Satan, kick him in the face.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:27 pm
Just as a side note the pentagram was commonly used (in the past) by Christians and the Church to represent the five wounds of Jesus.

To ancient Christian's the five points of the star each had five meanings:
They represent the five senses, the five fingers, the five wounds of Christ and the five joys that Mary had of Jesus - the Annunciation, the Nativity, the Resurrection, the Ascension, and the Assumption.  

Father Delacroix

Perfect Knight

Blaise-Ingram

Dangerous Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:31 pm
faithful quenga
Quote:
In response to complaints by parents and others about her clothing choices and sex-symbol persona, one pop singer quickly responded that being a role model was not her responsibility. She brushed off complaints about the sexual explicitness of her photos and dismissed the complaints as "their opinion." In other words, "Your problem with what I wear is your problem"

As Christians, though, we're all accountable for our actions. The Bible warns against cuasing someone else to stumble ( see Corinthians 10:32 ). Maybe that's why the apostles Peter and Paul stressed the need for modesty. Let's face it: some clothing styles can be distracting or inappropriate for certain settings - particularly the worship setting.

Some may argue that we're not responsible for how other people think. After all, some men will lust after a woman no matter what she wears. That's true enough. but there's one thing that's within our control: our own motives. We can discern those by asking ourselves the following questions:

~Do I dress to get attention or to entice?
~Am I trying to maintain a certain image?
~Do I hope to boost my low self-esteem?
~Am I trying to push the envelope because of what I think is an unfair dress code?

Modesty doesn't have to mean wearing sack-cloth or foregoing make-up and jewelry. As with all other decisions, wisdom is key.

"As long as we've been human we've needed modesty, because as humans we don't just have sex; we also have emotions and vulnerability" - Wendy Shalit

"Do not cause anyone to stumble, whether Jews, Greeks, or the Church of God." - 1 Corinthians 10:32

see also:
Proverbs 31:25,30
Matthew 18:6-9
1 Timothy 2:9-10
1 Peter 3:3-6
This is taken from a bible study I do from a women's bible. I hope this helps, it certainly has me.

I feel like there's a difference between not wearing clothing, or wearing minimal clothing, that encourages raging manboners and lust... and then just wearing clothing that uneducated Christians think is "Satanic".

BUT STILL, I agree completely with those four points there.
If you're dressing to get attention, to look a specific way for some intention, hoping to boost self-esteem (low, high, or otherwise), or just rebelling/pushing the envelope of dress code rules, then yeah. Just stop right now. LOL.
But if you dress that way because you think it looks nice, AND you're not hurting anyone with it or giving them boners, I don't see the problem with it.

Sure, people can be caused to stumble, but usually it's because they can't see where they're walking and don't know where they're going.

If anything, I think the OP's clothing choice helps show the world that we have a diversity of people in our brotherhood in Christ who love God.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:33 pm
Father Delacroix
Just as a side note the pentagram was commonly used (in the past) by Christians and the Church to represent the five wounds of Jesus.

They represent the five senses, the five fingers, the five wounds of Christ and the five joys that Mary had of Jesus - the Annunciation, the Nativity, the Resurrection, the Ascension, and the Assumption.

^^^ This.

I say we take back the pentagram, tell Satan it's not his symbol anymore. He can go find a new symbol, like a crocodile or an upside-down skull or something like that.  

Blaise-Ingram

Dangerous Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

Father Delacroix

Perfect Knight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:01 pm
Blaise-Ingram
Father Delacroix

^^^ This.

I say we take back the pentagram, tell Satan it's not his symbol anymore. He can go find a new symbol, like a crocodile or an upside-down skull or something like that.

The pentagram itself is not truly a satanic symbol either... though it is often thought of as such by those with little or no understanding of religious symbols. Satanists use a pentagram with two points up and inscribed in a double circle, technically it's then called the Sigil of Baphomet. Less esoteric LaVeyan Satanists use it as a sign of rebellion or religious identification with the three downward points symbolizing rejection of the Trinity.

Eliphas Levi wrote a single point upwards it depicted spirit presiding over the four elements of matter where as a reversed pentagram, with two points projecting upwards, is a symbol of evil and attracts sinister forces because it overturns the proper order of things and demonstrates the triumph of matter over spirit. It is the goat of lust attacking the heavens with its horns.

It's interesting to know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints began using both upright and inverted five-pointed stars in Temple architecture as early as 1846.  
Advice ~ because we care

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff