Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
Afraid of being kicked out of church. Help? :cry: Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What should I do? =(
  Go back to church and see how it goes from there.
  Talk to your parents, find out what the root of the problem is first.
  I think you should leave the church. People may be mad, but it's the right thing to do.
  Do nothing and see how it all unfolds.
  They are going to me mad at you and shove you away no matter what. All you can do is pray and forgive them.
  Wow, this is long. Honestly, I'm not going to read it all, but I'll be praying for you!
View Results

Phantom Jutsu

Shameless Pyromaniac

14,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Divorced 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:47 pm
I agree with most of your points, accept that I cannot consider preaching a form of prophecy. Prophecy is a something brought to a person by the Holy spirit that predicts the future or speaks of things that the one who is speaking has no (human) way of knowing what they are really talking about. While I think that a person can prophesy while preaching, I don't think that the terms can be used interchangeably.

otherwise, I don't know what to tell you. From where I'm standing we both have pretty solid points. I don't think that this is a debate that is key for salvation, so I'm comfortable with a stalemate. Praise be to God that all things will be made clear, all questions laid to rest at the end of days. ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:20 pm
Phantom Jutsu
I agree with most of your points, accept that I cannot consider preaching a form of prophecy. Prophecy is a something brought to a person by the Holy spirit that predicts the future or speaks of things that the one who is speaking has no (human) way of knowing what they are really talking about. While I think that a person can prophesy while preaching, I don't think that the terms can be used interchangeably.

otherwise, I don't know what to tell you. From where I'm standing we both have pretty solid points. I don't think that this is a debate that is key for salvation, so I'm comfortable with a stalemate. Praise be to God that all things will be made clear, all questions laid to rest at the end of days. ^_^

Well, we each have our own beliefs and that'll be that.  

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:41 pm
Well, I have to say dinner with my parents went by smoothly. The food wasn't the best, but we all got along. However, today I went over to drop off something and my Dad gave me a whole lecture and said he's concerned because I haven't been going to church, and told me not every church is perfect, asked me if I was attending another church, and he kept saying that I have a misconception about the church, and I said that I always had so many unanswered questions at that church and I never had a firm foundation, and it probably made him upset when I said I learned more from my husband in 20 minutes than I did from that church in 20 years. He is fighting to get me back. He was saying that he'll plan a Bible study so me and my husband will go over to their house and clear up these "miconceptions", but I'm more firm in my faith now and am beginning to see through the haze of that church that never made sense to me. I don't know whether to try and avoid it, or take the bullet and go over there for a Bible study. They're probably just going to try to turn me to their doctrine by hitting every sensitive subject. I know it. I just don't know what to do because it has obviously caused problems with my parents.  
Advice ~ because we care

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff