Reply Pets & Animals Main Forum
yellow broccoli and guinea pigs

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DeeSpark

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:28 pm
Ok so just before I was cuddling with the piggies, and then decided that they should eat something yummy. So I went to find something in the fridge. I saw some broccoli in a bag, opened it up, and alot of the top was yellow. Well, half of it was yellow, the rest was green. I tried to get rid of most of the yellow (and saved quite a bit of the yellow bits for my chickens. In my experience, chickens can eat just about anything you put in front of them with no ill effects). However, I think the piggies might have gotten a tiny bit of yellow broccoli. A tiny weeny bit wouldn't harm them, would it?

(off topic) Hmm speaking of the chickens, I really need to make a thread and introduce you guys to them soon....
EDIT: Oh, I'd also like to brag that my youngest pig, Nibbles, finally seems to be quite comfortable with me. Having to have them outside, I think it may have effected how long it takes them to be used to me. Pumba still runs into his pipe when I open the cage, but if I sit there long enough and don't try to pet him, he'll let me watch him run around, and eat and all that other good guinea pig stuff. I'm just so happy that Nibbles has finally gotten over his fear of me! Ok, so I'm usually outside near the cage with him when I hold him, and he does tend to squirm a bit and want to run around the entire yard eating all the grass, but hey, atleast he's brave enough to actually MOVE now. (a few months ago, he just say they, still, untrusting).  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:49 pm
They'll be fine. If I'm correct, the yellow is just part of the broccoli that didn't fully 'mature'(?) yet.

Congrats! It's so hard to get them solid with you sometimes. It took a really long time to get my girls comfortable around me, it can be a lot of fun to play cage games with them.  

Azusanga

Pets & Animals Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff