Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:03 pm
Shanna66
Kipluck
they had no heat at ALL and were kept in little tupperwares with no hide at all.

besides for the no heat thing thats sadly how most breeders keep their reptiles. i love shelving units for enclosures and will probably do something like that when i start breeding my snakens, but i also plan on making sure they have some places to hide and that the bin will be large enough for them
True. And I have no problem with herps in tupperware if they have heat and hides and such. Sometimes a plastic bin is way better than a glass tank... heck I know it is for Russian Torts.

But when (or, as it is looking like now with the health of my sweet female, IF) I breed my geckos I may use plastic bins (especially to separate babies) but they will be warm and comfortable and happy... with hides and heat, etc.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:03 am
Kipluck
Shanna66
Kipluck
they had no heat at ALL and were kept in little tupperwares with no hide at all.

besides for the no heat thing thats sadly how most breeders keep their reptiles. i love shelving units for enclosures and will probably do something like that when i start breeding my snakens, but i also plan on making sure they have some places to hide and that the bin will be large enough for them
True. And I have no problem with herps in tupperware if they have heat and hides and such. Sometimes a plastic bin is way better than a glass tank... heck I know it is for Russian Torts.

But when (or, as it is looking like now with the health of my sweet female, IF) I breed my geckos I may use plastic bins (especially to separate babies) but they will be warm and comfortable and happy... with hides and heat, etc.

im sure they will be very happy. i think bins are best when breeding leos because the babies should be housed alone while they are young and that many tanks would be expensive.

and im still using bins for my skinks and ball python. i was using a bin for my cresties but now i have a tall planted tank for them because i wanted something pretty to look at and still functional  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Kipluck
Crew

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:47 pm
My silly anorexic ballerina is doing pretty well on her regiment of saline in the eye and diet of baby food. I am glad because I still can't take her to the vet yet. My most sincere hope is that she will just suddenly regain her appetite and start eating roaches again (I offer them to her every other night, just in case. No luck yet.)

If not then hopefully I can get some cash and I can take her to my exotic vet when I do my preceptorship for school. *HOPEHOPEHOPE*  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:41 am
good luck. maybe you could offer a waxworm sometime and see if she will take it. most healthy geckos cant turn down a fat waxworm  

Shanna66
Captain

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
Pets & Animals Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers