Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Chatterbox
Book Title...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is "Scrutiny" a good title or what?
  Yes! I would totally take it off the bookshelf and read a page or two.
  Ehh, no. It's a weird word.
  Yes.
  No.
  It's so-so.
  Pray about it? (:
View Results

Icy Cult

Popular Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:05 pm
I am currently writing a book, a Christian book, about a boy named Kenny Diamond who is considered "emo". His best friend, Tommy, dies in the beginning of the book and Kenny seems to be left with no one because Tommy was pretty much his only true best friend. Throughout the book, Kenny considers suicide and he plans killing himself but something keeps stopping him. He thinks there is something greater out there and seeks to find...

So I need you're guys' opinion on this: Does the word "Scrutiny" sound like a good book title? Like does it SOUND interesting at all? If you saw the book on the shelf, would you actually pick it up?

I also really want to create the cover for it too! Any ideas?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:20 pm
I would..but that's just me. ^^ And I don't know about the cover. If you were to get this published or whatever, I don't think you get to choose the cover anyway. The publisher does that. I know this because one of my fav youtubers to watch, is an author, who at one point did answer a question from a fan "How do you pick your cover art?" with his answer being "I don't actually, my publisher does that." Good luck on the book. ^^

Edit: Maybe like an aerial type view within a church looking at an preacher with a black silhouette praying among all the other people (in color) just listening to the preacher......I'm not sure if that makes any sense at all. sweatdrop Like, I can see it in my mind, but..yea. sweatdrop

Edit 2: Pics that may be good cover? sweatdrop
5, I think I really like this one. : )

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Icy Cult

Popular Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:45 pm
Br1ttana
I would..but that's just me. ^^ And I don't know about the cover. If you were to get this published or whatever, I don't think you get to choose the cover anyway. The publisher does that. I know this because one of my fav youtubers to watch, is an author, who at one point did answer a question from a fan "How do you pick your cover art?" with his answer being "I don't actually, my publisher does that." Good luck on the book. ^^

Edit: Maybe like an aerial type view within a church looking at an preacher with a black silhouette praying among all the other people (in color) just listening to the preacher......I'm not sure if that makes any sense at all. sweatdrop Like, I can see it in my mind, but..yea. sweatdrop

Number 5 is pretty cool. It pretty much almost matches my story kinda. I dont know when the book will be finished but it will take a LONG time! I still got time to think of a cover....If ill be able to even pick one, lol.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:12 pm
Siimple Servant
Br1ttana

Number 5 is pretty cool. It pretty much almost matches my story kinda. I dont know when the book will be finished but it will take a LONG time! I still got time to think of a cover....If ill be able to even pick one, lol.

That's what I thought too by the description you gave of the book. : )  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers