Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Begging for recruits

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:42 pm
Yeah, the recruitment on my campaign only brought in two people out of five. You need at least three. Was this because I just didn't provide enough information, or did I just seem like I was half-assing it? Was it the ECL? The focus of the story being shifted to an NPC?

I'm stumped, guys. If there's something you want me to improve on, I'll do that.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:44 pm
Focusing the story on an NPC is usually a bad move. The players wanna be #1, not second banana.  

Arc Vembris
Crew

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:49 pm
Really, though, the NPC's more of a glorified cohort for people of 1st level. I was going to use her as my character, in technicality, and join in the fun with the players. That, and she'd be kidnapped or otherwise placed in a bad situation often, to make sure that the characters DO get their limelight.

It's like a not-craptastic twilight. We see it from one person's perspective but the REAL focus is on the other guy. Or guys. And any girls who jump in get honorable focus, too.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:09 pm
Eternality_Cannon
Really, though, the NPC's more of a glorified cohort for people of 1st level. I was going to use her as my character, in technicality, and join in the fun with the players. That, and she'd be kidnapped or otherwise placed in a bad situation often, to make sure that the characters DO get their limelight.

It's like a not-craptastic twilight. We see it from one person's perspective but the REAL focus is on the other guy. Or guys. And any girls who jump in get honorable focus, too.

When I DM I do my best to take a neutral perspective. Who is the leader in a group of people with 18 charisma each?  

Emperor Kai

Generous Genius

8,000 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:26 pm
Part of the reason I didn't submit was the NPC focus. Also, the other part I'll put in white, because it's kind of brutally honest and you may or may not like it...
Because you've started several campaigns throughout my time here, and always just got bored and wandered off to create a new one, leaving them hanging. I played in one game with you where you didn't get past the first encounter before it crapped out, in part because you just decided to start a new one, which then wound up really railroady and still died out while we were still posting when you started another one... so I don't have faith that, for me at least, participating in your games will lead to a positive experience.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:40 am
I have the same reason as disciple sakura's white comment.  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:44 pm
I totally understand both sentiments. I'm not going to make an excuse about it. If you guys don't want to join, that's fine by me. I was planning on making this one into a webcomic (hence, continuing) with my girlfriend, which is why the NPC focus happened (title character based on her; other characters based on what you guys do! Yay! You're comic stars!)

Which also would probably make sure I keep up with this, because it lets me do more stuff with my girlfriend.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games