Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
[D&D/Pathfinder] Mor'Halas ((Game Thread)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

jennibert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:11 pm
{Actually, Lamont named his family in his first post. His wife is Leilah, his sons are Baldur and Evin, and his daughter is Jennifer. I actually addressed Leilah in my last post--I'd forgotten she was unconscious! I'll make a slight edit to correct for that.}

Kiri sighs with relief as Shane finds the sewer entrance. "I think the best thing to do with Leilah for the moment is to try to rig something so I can carry her on my back and still have my hands free. Perhaps a couple of backpacks would work? We have extras now. Grief again contorts her face at the thought of the reason why, but she forces herself past it. "Maybe some of you could do the same with the children once we're down in the sewers--it's probably safer there than here."

{Note to DM--what kind of check should I make to improvise a carrying harness for an unconscious woman?}  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:51 pm
"Wow, I actually had a spell just for such an occasion." Reaching into the back of his robes and pulling out a length of a whitish color rope with a slightly bulbous tip. "I was inspired to make this after this one time a friend got bit by an enchanted spider. This end is kinda sticky so we can use it as an anchor and then just wind the rest around you two as support. Honestly don't ask or think to much about it. It's this or I use Prestidigitation to glue the two of you together for about an hour."  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:25 am
User Image"As far as carrying Leilah goes, I can do it easily. She's significantly smaller than me, and I usually don't get as close to the enemy as you do, Kiri. I'd rather not have her glued to me, Demitry, but it shouldn't be difficult to carry her over my back and set her down, should the need arise." And I fully expect the need to arise, considering the kind of day we're having, she thought to herself.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:45 pm
Twirling the rope-like object in his hand, "Sticky rope then? It doesn't last too long and you can always cut it for emergencies. I can always make more, easy."  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Disciple of Sakura

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:52 pm
User Image"That's fine. We'd better hurry up, though. It's getting bad out there, and we need to be sure we're moving fast. Probably best to attach her once we get below the streets, though. I don't think we'd fit if we were stuck together." Nadyei moves to the manhole, pries it open, and starts to climb down into the sewers. "Kiri, lower her down to me when I get to the bottom, and then we'll get her attached and get moving."  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:22 am
"I'll lower her down as soon as you're not alone down there. Shane, you probably know the sewers best, so you follow her. Demitry, stay up here and cover me until Leilah and the children are down, and then follow them. I'll bring up the rear." Simply expecting that the others will follow her orders, Kiri does not look to see if they have, but leans down to talk to the children. "I know it's scary and you don't understand, but I need you all to come with us. I can't promise bad things won't happen, but we'll do our best to protect you. But we need your help with that. If one of us tells you to get down, or to run, or whatever, we need you to do that. Can you promise?" She looks at the boys mostly, knowing that little Jennifer is unlikely to understand. "And I need you to help your sister, make sure she stays with us."  

jennibert

Jacior

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:01 pm
The smell of sewage assaulted the air as the lid was pried open, covering the smells of ozone and blood. As Nadyei looked down the hole, she could see insects at the bottom skittering away from the light. The rungs of the pole were slick with grime, but it wan't anything she hadn't dealt with before. She stepped down onto the wet cobblestones and looked into the darkness. The tunnels branch off in four directions. It was going to be a trip getting out of the city.

Shane followed her down, but instead of using the ladder, he leaped down the entire 50' drop, landing with unearthly grace. He was quick to light a torch, it illuminated his face, revealing the dour expression that had replaced his usually jovial mood.

The oldest son, Baldur, nodded slowly, taking in everything Kiri was saying. Evin was just kind of staring ahead, it was possible he was in shock. And poor, innocent Jennifer was still bawling her eyes out while clinging to Baldur. "O-o-o-ok." Baldur managed to get out, poor kid had always had a stuttering problem. He picked up Jennifer piggyback style and grabbed Evin's hand, pulling him towards the manhole. For a ten-year old, Baldur was shaping up to be built like the Saint-Knight. A true mammoth of a man.

Leilah wasn't doing as well. She was feverish and completely unresponsive, her face was bright red. Was this an infliction brought on by the beast? No time for that, they needed to get out of the city.

((I shall create a map when you guys all get down there.))  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:17 pm
As he reaches the sewers, he can see the fear and sorrow in his godchildren and the failing health of Leilah. Touching Leilah gently Demity could only infuse his breath with a minute amount of his acidic magic before gently blowing over her face, "Dammit. I wish I could do more than artificially raise her bodily defenses... Of all the elements. Why did I get infused with earth? I can't heal, I can't fight. All I can bloody do is defend! And all the good I've do so far!" As the weight of his anxiety pushes him, he rests his head against the filthy sewer wall, letting out an exhausted breath, "It's sad really. In some places, my infused element is often one of nurturing, but if that dent in the stone where my head touched is any indication, my body is meant to return what I touch back to the earth... I'm sorry, I'm just tired. I'll take up the rearguard. You can trust me on that."  

MT the Clown

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers