Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
American Idol Season 10 Discussion Thread!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

This is ...
  AMERICAN IDOL!
View Results

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:31 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hi everyone! You may or may not know that American Idol is one of my favorite shows, and that I follow it almost every year. The last time I was this excited about the current season was back in Season 8, when Adam Lambert made it to the final two. I had been rooting for Adam since Hollywood Week, which tells you something: I'm kind of obsessed with the hottest, gayest, and most talented Jew I've ever seen.

That being said, this year's group of talent is ... wow, I don't even know what to say. That's why I've created this topic -- for those of you who follow American Idol to talk about the contestants, the judges, the rules, everything! Here are some guidelines for posting:

1. As always, follow the NSTG rules.

2. Please don't come in here to bash the show. It's not polite! Some of us really like it. If you want to create a fan thread for something that you're passionate about, you're more than welcome to do so!

3. Please don't say excessively mean things about contestants or the judges. In other words, don't say anything malicious about them. Find the middle ground between being honest and being polite to people here who may be fans of that person.

4. Have fun! We're here to chat it up and enjoy ourselves.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:32 am
About Season 10

Some points for discussion about the show in general:

• We have two new judges: amazingly talented actress, singer, and producer Jennifer Lopez and Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee, lead singer of Grammy Award-winning band Aerosmith Steven Tyler. Do you like this change? Do you like the three-judge format?

• What are some of the funniest auditions we've come across this season?

• Is there anyone who auditioned that you think should have made it to Hollywood? Is there anyone who auditioned that you think shouldn't have made it to Hollywood?

• Who are your favorite American Idols thus far? Do you have one favorite among all of them?

• How long have you been watching the show? What seasons have been your favorites? Which ones have been sort of lame for you?

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:41 am
The Current Contestants

Here is a list of the Top 24 who survived Beatles week and made it to the next round.

Some discussion questions about the current stage in the competition:

• Did any eliminations surprise you? Not surprise you?

• Who are your favorites in the top 24?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:47 am
Reserved!  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:49 am
Open!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:44 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Wow, Season 10's Top 24 is so amazingly talented! Do y'all have any favorites so far?  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas