Imma beat this boss by...
  Landing a super difficult combo
  Using that great move I just got when I leveled up
  Plumber style, jump over it and destroy the bridge
  Fire+more fire+explosions+fire that is itself on fire
View Results

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:33 am
Worst boss fight ever would probably be the final boss in this one Final Fantasy game I have for gameboy. I don't even remember the boss's name or the title of the game (though I have it, just not with me) but god! The guy had this one spell that had a chance of giving you like, every status effect in the whole game and it hit your whole party. It was such a b***h move! burning_eyes I had to revive so many people or use soft because he kept casting it and insta-killing or stoning my people crying

I was a little disappointed with the fight against Orochi in Ookami. I mean, yeah it was kinda hard... But all I had to do was run around in circles and jump whenever he attacked. Pretty simple strategy. I still haven't beaten the game, though, so I don't know what it'll be like when he comes back.

Final Fantasy XII had a side-quest that was a total pain to beat, and then my game data somehow got lost and I had to start all over again. Curse you turtle god thing! gonk It was also hard to get the Shiva summon, which I'd just done before my data was lost. I swear Ifrit was so much easier to get sweatdrop

I have two X-Men games for my PS2, and the boss battles in those are between totally ridiculous and fun. The first boss fight is against Blob and it took like, 15 minutes or more for me to beat him the first time because my teammate died and I was all on my own. It was fun, though, making Wolverine run around and screaming while frantically looking for a trashcan to throw at Blob. Trashcans are the ultimate weapon in the first level of that game xp (or I'm just easily amused... either/or)

As for the poll... Dungeons&Dragons has taught me that you should light everything on fire if you're uncertain. After your first fight with trolls that have regeneration... There's a reason the only two spells I ever remembered to use with my cleric character were "heal" and "summon giant pillar of holy fire".  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:38 am
AlcoholicPancake
Though Naked Snake v The Boss was a good fight in Snake Eater, the best fight in that game was against The End. Honestly, I made a save before that battle and kept it so I could continue doing it. I had so much fun with the sniping in it. Plus, everything in that battle just seemed so perfect. Hiding among the grass and bushes, jumping at every little twitch you see through your scope thinking it could be The End himself ready to shoot you. It was so much fun for me and actually forced me to think a more than any other fight ( especially when you're trying to get him with your tranq gun so you can get his rifle. )

When my boyfriend played, he showed me every outcome you could get when fighting The End. There's even a point where, if you can snipe him right after a particular cutscene, you can kill him right then and there without fighting him. xd Although, the sniper fight did look like a lot of fun, and that's one of my boyfriend's favorite parts too.

Also....CRAB BATTLE! scream  

Kyla_Ewens

Crew

Questionable Receiver

13,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Tsukiusada

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:48 pm
i like to play kof but the boss always is a big pain, specially that named zero;
and also remember that in ffiv i never bet it  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:39 am
Bowser in Super Mario World. No doubt that was the pinnacle of Bowser's might. Loved it when I was a kid, love it now.

Darth Malak in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. A fight that really challenges you to make the most of your abilities. Plus, two of the greatest Sith warriors going head to head? Could there be anything cooler?

Dracula in the Castlevania series. He's just so iconic, it's impossible not to mention him. I'm a particularly big fan of Super Castlevania IV.

Del Lago and Mendez of Resident Evil 4. All of the boss fights in that game are phenomenal, but those two are my favorite. Mendez was an incredibly intimidating character throughout the game's discourse, and when you finally get to see him transform, it's a very special and frightening moment. I love Del Lago simply because sea monsters are awesome, and it's simply an exceptionally well designed fight sequence. Also, though this isn't technically a boss battle, I thought the knife fight with Krauser was beyond cool.

This one's a little stupid, but I though the Biolizard fight (both parts) in Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was ridiculously fun. I wouldn't put it on the same level as the others in terms of tastefulness, but I just figured I would mention it.

I'm sure there are other greats I've neglected to mention, but those are the ones that come to mind for me.  

Real Horrorshow Groodies

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces