Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
WHFRP {Interest check}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:05 pm
I'll run a campaign using the available premades (to my understanding these are very large and long so don't worry.)

Anyone interested?

System will either be 2nd or 3rd edition of warhammer fantasy rpg. (I'm never sure which one.)

House Rules:

Alright, house rules:

Ranged attacks can be dodged. Basically moving before they're fired.

Pistols only take 1full round to reload, because flintlock pistols are easier to reload than muskets. You cannot Swift Attack with dual-pistols.

The Firearm, Blunderbuss, Pistol, Repeater Firearm, Repeater Pistol, and Hochland Long Rifle all have the Fast trait, along with normal traits, because bullets are ridiculously difficult to dodge.

Crossbows all have the Armour Piercing and Precise weapon traits, because HURRR IT'S A GODDAMN CROSSBOW.

Bows, Longbows, and Elfbows, are Fast, along with normal traits, because of the sheer volume of fire bows can put out, along with the speed an arrow travels at at any range. Crossbows don't receive this because they don't fire nearly fast or far enough to deserve it.

Spears, Lances, Halberds, and Demilances all give the user double strength value on the charge, for purposes of damage.

Best Quality Weapons get +1 Damage.

Great Weapons now do 2d10 + Strength for damage.

Garrotte is -20 to hit, does 1d10+0 damage.

Best Quality Armour gets +1 AP.

High Elves are grossly OP'd, so instead of the normal rolls, it's 2d10+15 Strength, 2d10+15 Toughness, and 2d10+10 Fellowship.

Individual pieces of Plate Armour offer 3 AP instead of 2, full suit provides 6 AP.

Shields can parry Ranged attacks coming from in front of the defender.

Armour Piercing, instead of taking away one point of armour, takes away half the target's Armour Points, rounded down.

For Dwarfs, the Veteran and Champion careers are changed to Hammerer and Ironbreaker, respectively. The Ironbreaker Career requires only three Best Quality weapons, but Heavy Armour rather than Medium. Heavy Armour consists of Full Plate Armour.

Mounted Rules:
The charts Fin has posted will be used.

For purposes of damage, mounted fighters have double the normal strength bonus with melee weapons. Spears, Lances, and Demilances are unchanged by this.

If you moved on your turn, enemies are -10 to hit you and your mount.

You can only dodge while mounted if you have moved that turn.

Lances, Spears, and Demilances also receive the mount's strength bonus to damage, along with the normal, doubled strength bonus and any enemies immediately behind the target have to pass an opposed strength check against both the horse and half the rider's strength to avoid being hit by the momentum as well. If there are more than one foe behind the first, the mounted team makes the check against the third with a -10 penalty to strength, -20 against the fourth, -30 against the fifth, and so on.

If an enemy with a spear-type weapons (spear, halberd, lance, or demilance) takes a full action to get in a Braced stance, the mounted charger does not do any extra damage, takes an auto-hitting, double damage attack from that opponents weapon with no strength modifier added, and must make a Ride check at -20 to avoid being thrown off his mount. The mount must make a toughness check at +20, or die. This attack can still be parried, or even dodged as normal.

Ranged weapons are at -10 to hit if the mounted combatant moved during the turn its fired.

Shields parry mounted charges at -10, and the shield-user must make a strength check to stay on his feet.

Mounted fighters do not receive a bonus from shields to block melee attacks to defend the mount, unless the attack is coming from another mounted foe, or something of similar size, such as an ogre.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:13 pm
I'll play. ^_^ Also, isn't there only 2 editions?  

candy express

Keith Valken Lionheart

Desirable Sex Symbol

6,200 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:26 pm
Damn, I thought there were 4 editions.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:04 pm
Keith Valken Lionheart
Damn, I thought there were 4 editions.

Whoops, nope, I was wrong, there are three, but I didn't know about three because everyone I know hates it and never talks about it lol  

candy express

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:11 pm
Warhammer Fantasy you say...

I play the 40K games and have looked at the Fantasy games, but never got around to trying em. I'd join, rolling up my character randomly for the fun of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:03 am
It's 2nd edition we're using. The old world armoury book is allowed. (******** you spell check we spell armoury with a U.)  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:36 pm
Update:
Received one character already.

If you wish to join please tell me if you want a completely randomly generated character or just want the stats rolled.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:31 pm
One Halfling Tradesman.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:10 pm
KEEPER OF SECRETS.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:28 pm
So... uh... anyone?  

Raganui Minamoto