Welcome to Gaia! ::

Green; The Eco Guild [LARGEST ON GAIA!]

Back to Guilds

If you love the earth, and want to be part of a group with the same ideals, this is the guild for you! 

Tags: Ecosystem, green, earth, water, clean 

Reply 8:: I have a thought!
What about a Valentine's Day event to bring in new members?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valentine's Day event to bring new members?
Yes!
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
No :-(
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Don't care just gimme gold already!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

dragon_of_emry

Shameless Capitalist

10,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:15 pm
We could call it the "Love the Earth for Valentine's Day" event. We could have contests and host a thread in the Gaia Valentine's Day event forum.

Thoughts/ ideas?  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:46 pm
I cant be active enough to do it, and all my mods are dead or M.I.A....  

Complete_Spazz
Captain

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100

Sakakikala
Crew

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:13 am
I've been lurking, but no one had posted since my last post. sad

Anyway, I think it's a splendid idea! smile
Spazz, you think the three of us could do it?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:02 pm
We needn't do anything too massive that the 3 of us together couldn't handle.

Since the goal would be to bring in new members and generate more activity from some MIA older members, we would want to create contest that focus on community participation. Maybe a contest such as "post your favorite way to love the earth" which would ask people to respond to a thread and then we would only have to chose finalist and create a poll at the end to chose the winner. We could also have contests such as "create an eco-friendly avi" or "post an eco-friendly picture" with the same goal in mind. (More work done by contestants= less work for us wink ) If we can find more help we may be able to do more involvement-heavy stuff like "design and post a rl eco-friendly project we can do as a guild" or "post your favorite eco-friendly youtube video" which we could use to build the youtube channel we have been talking about, but those of course require more work.
Making a thread for the event forum wouldn't need to be horribly involved, either. We would really just need to say who we are as a guild and what we stand for. Then we would want to introduce the contests we are hosting and provide links back to the guild. Everyone could just give it a bump when they are online.
BTW- I wouldn't mind being a mod for the guild if you need me, I just can't promise that I will always be able to be on once a week. Not quite sure what my life will look like in a couple of months since I just recently graduated from college and will probably be moving and starting a new job in the coming months.  

dragon_of_emry

Shameless Capitalist

10,300 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Nerd 50

Sakakikala
Crew

4,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:44 am
I think thats a wonderful idea! We would just need spazz to sign off on it. smile  
8:: I have a thought!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games