Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
My campaign idea (that I'm taking an interest check on).

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:12 pm
This one would probably be fairly straightforward, but with the amount of planar travel involved, chances are the PC's would come into all manner of side quests, distractions, or even needed detours as the game progressed.

The setting takes place in the never-ending war of Acheron. Three to five warriors, sent on a supply disruption mission by their commander, an alluded-to-but-rarely-seen bigshot who thinks he's all that because he's racked up a large kill count. The PC's were charged with commandeering a cargo launch perusing the River Styx loaded with essential supplies for the opposing army's troops that would undoubtedly turn the tide of war against the PC's commander.

When the PC's manage to hijack the boat, they soon discover that they have a completely controllable, perfectly manned boat that's capable of sailing the waters of the Lower Planes. And if it's loaded with enough cargo to supply an army, or at least a brigade of said army, chances are five people who stole the thing would have decent equipment on their hands.

Deciding to say "Screw the army, we're going AWOL" the PC's sail the launch through a tributary of the River Styx, forsaking their useless army. Why? Because they hear it's nice in Ysgard this time of year.

And then the mother of all roadtrips begins.

For the sake of having decent-sized magical firepower (and healing, for that matter), "warriors" in this case could also include Druidic Avengers Battle Sorcerers and This Cleric Variant with no cool name.

Also, as this is a fairly straightforward RP, don't expect much storytelling. This is me, bored, winging together a swashbuckling adventure on the River Styx. Expect to sail (or row) through every part of the Lower Planes, dodging other members of your Army, the storms of Petitioners on every plane, Devils, Demons, Yugoloths, Demodands (Field Folio, for those unfamiliar), naturally annoying weather on certain planes, Lower Planar Dragons (Draconomicon), other lower-planes annoyances, and my favorite "run like hell" idea: Demon Princes and Archdevils (though only brief cameos that end up being more useful than Sh*t storm).  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:50 pm
You intrigue me.

I would assume we're not nice guys to begin with if we're down here.  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:05 pm
Raganui Minamoto
You intrigue me.

I would assume we're not nice guys to begin with if we're down here.

Probably not, you're right. Well, hey, anti-heroism could be fun.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:50 am
You intrigue me greatly. I'm tempted to go with my Bard/Loremaster, who is down here cause he didn't want to be put in the wall. Too busy researching lore and stuff to actually pay attention to deities.

Hmm... Maybe, maybe not... Perhaps a tiefling that is down here because he's trying to unlock power from his blood? Hmm... Loremaster would still work if I went Wizard/Loremaster as Tiefling.... even just forget about The Wall... fu~  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

Slave Xaccheus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:50 pm
Raganui Minamoto
You intrigue me greatly. I'm tempted to go with my Bard/Loremaster, who is down here cause he didn't want to be put in the wall. Too busy researching lore and stuff to actually pay attention to deities.

Hmm... Maybe, maybe not... Perhaps a tiefling that is down here because he's trying to unlock power from his blood? Hmm... Loremaster would still work if I went Wizard/Loremaster as Tiefling.... even just forget about The Wall... fu~

Bard, yes. Wizard, no.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:36 pm
On second thought, fine. You can go Wizard. I just don't want a warrior-oriented campaign with a party of all spellcasters. It happens all the time.  

Slave Xaccheus

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:00 pm
I wouldn't think on that... it's just thoughts on ideas for why my guy is down there. The loremaster who's trying to gain power, ect. works well.  
The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games