Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Mini contest idea!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

upxfromxbelow

Hilarious Gawker

13,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:01 pm
User Image

Hello fellow NSTG-ers!!

I have been gone from the forum for a while now due to extenuating circumstances. BUT I am back in the game and ready to get my guild forum wheels a burnin!!

So! The reason for this post is because I want to do a contest! Of the small variety. I love tektek. And I love avi art. So I was thinking of holding a small tektek contest and the top 5 winners would receive avi art from me.

But I need suggestions and help!!

How long do you think I should keep the contest open for? A week? Two?

Do I ask a friend of mine who is also a part of the guild to help judge?

I'd like to keep the budget for the tektek small, to make people really think and get creative without relying on BIG items. But I want a theme of some sorts. Suggestions?

Does this sound like a good idea? Let me know what you think!!!

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:11 am
User Image
Welcome back! This sounds like a lovely idea! Sure, feel free to ask friends to help judge - it might be more fun for more folks that way! A week or two sounds like a lovely time frame for your contest. For your theme, perhaps you could ask a limit on the number of items on the tektek, in exchange for which you could draw the tektek itself (knowing it would not be too cluttered!). You could in the same way ask for tekteks based on an item or class of items you enjoy drawing. I am sure avi art would be a prize many would be willing to enter for! Good luck!

JoyRose
Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500

borderlinebrutality

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:45 pm
two weeks sounds good to me! I wouldn't leave it open any longer than that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:04 pm
I'd be ok with a single week, two is more than sufficient.  

Professor Memnoch

upxfromxbelow

Hilarious Gawker

13,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:39 pm
User Image

Thank you Rose, borderline and Memnoch!!

What you guys suggested matches what I thought about length. I might even be difficult and do it for 10 days or so, like a Wednesday through two Sundays. That way people have two weekends to do things since I don't know people's schedules for getting on Gaia.

And Rose thank you so much for your advise and encouragement! I love the idea about limiting the number of items used and then making a limitation of using a specific item family! I really like that!!

And I think I'll do something along the lines of having their tektek drawn or a personal avi of their own as the prize. That way people can choose which suites them best.

I'm hoping to get this contest up and running next week if not this weekend!! And about judges, if I can get my friend to do it then I'll definitely have at least a 2nd judge!

Thank you again for your suggestions so far! Keep 'em coming!! And yeah, it's good to be back. wink

User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:59 pm
upxfromxbelow
User Image

Thank you Rose, borderline and Memnoch!!

What you guys suggested matches what I thought about length. I might even be difficult and do it for 10 days or so, like a Wednesday through two Sundays. That way people have two weekends to do things since I don't know people's schedules for getting on Gaia.

And Rose thank you so much for your advise and encouragement! I love the idea about limiting the number of items used and then making a limitation of using a specific item family! I really like that!!

And I think I'll do something along the lines of having their tektek drawn or a personal avi of their own as the prize. That way people can choose which suites them best.

I'm hoping to get this contest up and running next week if not this weekend!! And about judges, if I can get my friend to do it then I'll definitely have at least a 2nd judge!

Thank you again for your suggestions so far! Keep 'em coming!! And yeah, it's good to be back. wink

User Image

As much as I covet art, I would volunteer my services as a judge if you've no objections.  

Professor Memnoch

upxfromxbelow

Hilarious Gawker

13,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:23 pm
User Image

Professor Memnoch

As much as I covet art, I would volunteer my services as a judge if you've no objections.

I would love to have you judge Memnoch! I would be honored in fact. smile

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:19 pm
upxfromxbelow
User Image

Professor Memnoch

I would love to have you judge Memnoch! I would be honored in fact. smile

User Image

Thank you, I only ask because I myself was in a tektek shop for some time.  

Professor Memnoch

pig_girl

Benevolent Hoarder

14,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Alchemy Level 7 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:58 pm
two weeks sounds good. theme could be no EIs, MCs, RIG items  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:24 pm
pig_girl
two weeks sounds good. theme could be no EIs, MCs, RIG items

So basically most of gaia's items?  

Professor Memnoch

upxfromxbelow

Hilarious Gawker

13,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:56 am
User Image

Meh contest is now OPEN!! Head on over to Charities and Minishops to the thread called "Tektek Contest for Avi Art and Gold"!!

@Memnoch I'll PM you about judging yah?

@pig_girl I actually took from that idea and made it in a way so none of those item types could be used.

User Image

☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff