Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

grey eyed girly

4,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:07 am
Well, it seems a lot of strange things happen in my household, first I suddenly discover that I'm allergic to my furry babies (rats), which isn't so bad, but this sucks.

My beautiful piglet Bradley passed away. He collapsed when we put him back in his pen for the bight and we immediately took this as a bad sign. We called all over for vets that were open and could take a pig and finally found one. They took him, kept him there for a half an hour and then one guy came out and said "well we aren't equipped to handle pigs"

He then wouldn't let us leave with the pig for another half an hour and laughed when we asked where else we should take him. It turns out they had a pig in there the day before and sent them to a vet 40 minutes away, but they wouldn't tell us that.

We found the vet 40 minutes away and drove up there. The pig was alright, breathing kind of hard but he looked alert. When we took him into the room at the vet, I put him down on their table that doubles as a scale and instead of standing, he just lied down on his side. She scooped him up and ran him to the back.

His heart stopped and they tried to revive him but it didn't work. So I return home without my Bradley. He had a congenital heart disease, which, you know, sucks. He was less than twelve weeks old and we've had him around three or four weeks.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:12 am
I'm so sorry to hear that! Shame on the first vets, they should of sent you to the vet 40 mins away straight away! The fact that he laughs confuses me... He's meant to be a vet. Generally, they care about animals a bit more...

Do you have any pictures?  

DeeSpark

grey eyed girly

4,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Informer 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:43 am
I've plenty here's a couple

he's the little black dot, this was taken earlier today, he was just fine
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Basically as he grew his heart had to work harder and today it just gave out. I held him the entire car ride, and it was only when I handed him over that he got bad, but he was born with it and there was nothing we could do to prevent it which helps  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:35 am
Aww he's so cute! Such a shame. It sucks how pets can be born with things like that. On one hand it's bad because we can't help them. On the other hand, it's good because we don't feel guilty or upset over not helping soon enough, or not being able to afford treatment for something. May the little guy rest in peace.  

DeeSpark

Rainbow Bridge

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff