Submit

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:26 am
Phaeton
Am I the only one who thinks this might make for a great episode of South Park?

I love you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:04 pm
I feel as though he does bring up major concerns and makes valid points. I'm not too sure about the method he uses to handle the problem(s). I suppose he's a somewhat average guy who can't go around tackling the growing problem of obesity in nation. [SEE WAT I DID THERE?]

He comes off a bit silly while pointing out things about our society. Not everything he has to say is educational, and he seems to put foreign women on a... pedestal, is it? I find that kind of thinking to be... misguided. Of course, I don't go around studying and comparing cultures. I can't be certain. Maybe pound for pound [dur hur] European ladies are more awesome, except for the French. Never the French.

=[

And if I read the blog correctly, he's married to a European woman. Just to let everyone know.

I'm hoping that most people do desire a nice, kind, not too bitter lifemate and try to be one themselves. Mmm... Mating.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:54 pm
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
There they are a'standing in a row!

We unconsciously look for our traits in other people. It's this natural homing device that we have -- we always feel better when we have someone to relate to while having romantic and sexual urges, right? -- so maybe this fellow is only bitter because he attracted women who were like him: vain, self-centered, immature, and cheat-worthy.

"Give them a twist, a flick of the wrist!"
That's what the showman said!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:01 pm
While there are definitely grains of truth in some of what he says (divorce rates are high, some women are witchy, obesity is a problem), he ruins any semblance of a rational argument by pinning all his gripes on one group, when most of what he's complaining about applies to many other groups, too.

Obesity isn't just a problem for American women, or even Americans in general. Look at Canada, look at the UK, look at China, or anywhere else where chemical-laden processed junk is replacing or has replaced traditional meals. It affects both men and women. That's definitely cause for concern, but a misdirected rant isn't going to accomplish anything.

If divorce rates are high, well... it takes two to tango. It's not exactly a secret that people in general will bail out of a marriage at the first sign of trouble. I could go on at length about how I think people have a ******** up expectation as to what marriage actually entails. But I shouldn't expect to be taken seriously if I place all the blame on 50% of the people involved, based solely on their gender.

The people who are calling this guy an a** aren't saying that he's wrong for wanting an attractive, sweet, fair-minded wife. Nobody in their right mind would want to shack up with a greedy, fat, lazy, harpy. >__> At least, I don't think so. They just object to how he's insulting millions of women that he's never seen or met. razz Not to mention, like Jaft said, he's putting European women on a ridiculous pedestal.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Why... was I just reminded of the Johnny Bravo episode where Johnny orders a mail-in bride and instead of sleek and pretty, she's plump? He freaks out and is desperate to get rid of her.

@Tae: I chuckle when people by my products at the counter at work. I slice meats and cheeses and when someone buys something that we sell that's processed, I just keep my mouth shut, knowing they're just adding to their poor health.

Also, the view on marriage is simply what we've seen and experienced ourselves. Penny mentioned in the Phunkeh that the media's full of bull poopies in that it contorts citizens' views of what's real and what's not. This fellow must have watched too many movies. whee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:00 pm
I got quite the chuckle out of his rantings and ravings.  

God-Raped-Me

Phaeton 2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:02 pm
That slice of madness caught fire surprisingly. A few other sites brought attention to it, and apparently the blog writer himself went advertising it at some MRA message boards and Feminist sites.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:27 am

Oh my gracious, the doofus did what? I wonder if he's TRYING to get death threats from some of these women he's spouting this nonsense off too.

Well. Good luck to him trying to escape.

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Oddplume

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 am
Well, after reading through all of that, I do believe these men have been watching too much television. It seems as if they gained all their opinions of American women from watching some of those "Real house wives of..." series of shows, Married with Children, and other sitcoms. If they even had any first hand experience with American women it was probably limited to a small few in the sleaziest of bars or nightclubs.

Unfortunately the writer and some of his supporters solution is to take advantage of previously or currently disenfranchised women in poorer countries and keep them in the dark about what rights are gained by becoming American citizens. It seems a lot less about a lack of femininity in American women like they say and more about a lack of ignorant subservience.

It also seems as though many of these men seem to be unwilling to deal with the challenges of dating and don't particularly want to be held accountable for their actions in a relationship or marriage. The whole blog seems very childish and whiny to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:13 pm
It's okay, he can boycott us. We don't want him anyway. 3nodding  

Kipluck

5,850 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash