1 "Eight Days a Week" 2:44
2. "Words of Love" (Buddy Holly) 2:12
3. "Honey Don't" (Carl Perkins) 2:55
4. "Every Little Thing" 2:01
5. "I Don't Want to Spoil the Party" 2:33
6. "What You're Doing" 2:30
7. "Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby" (Carl Perkins) 2:23

Tournament Rules
For those not familiar with the concept, the entries in the tournament face off like a tennis match, with the winner advancing to the next round and the loser being eliminated from the contest. So, in this match, you are to pick your favorite from these two sides, and the winner will move on to Round 2.

This is an “album side” tourney. The idea is to pit the 27 sides of vinyl (I’ve omitted the second side of YELLOW SUBMARINE) released by the Beatles against each other to determine, once and for all, which single side was the best of this stellar lot.

I’ve included MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR, since it was the standard worldwide release, save in the UK, from 1967, and even in England from 1976. You can vote against it using the theory that “it wasn’t really an album” but you can’t eliminate it from the competition by whining about it.

The poll feature will be used so as to provide a running total; if you happen to vote against one and realize you misclicked, just let me know. However, the reason for these games are to generate discussion about the albums. Simply clicking the poll option is permitted, but I’d prefer you at least say what you picked; it is even better if you say WHY you made a particular choice. I’ll try to post 2 or 3 of these a week, depending on my schedule and the amount of discussion going on.

In the first round, I gave five sides a pass to the second round. Side one of A HARD DAY’S NIGHT, REVOLVER and THE BEATLES, as well as Side 2 of MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR and ABBEY ROAD. The remaining 22 will be culled to 11 after the first round, and these five sides will be added to the mix. The seeding in the first round was done by a random sequence generator; I had to move a side of The White Album away from another side of that disc, but otherwise, the pairings are what the computer program gave me.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:38 am
Anyone care to discuss each side in regards to their voting?  

HistoryWak
Captain

HistoryWak
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:13 am
Keep up the voting! (and come and discuss your vote in the thread!)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:04 am
I quite honestly thought I liked AHDN better, but looking at those, I realize that when it comes down to individual songs, I like all the ones on that side of Beatles for Sale better. I think if it had been side 1 of AHDN there would have been no question that I would have voted differently, but Beatles for Sale side 2 gets my vote on this one!  

practicallyzen

The Beatles

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff