Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Call of Cthulhu (OOC)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kamarihi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:33 am
Winds tear at a forgotten town on the edge of the Atlantic, the distant cry of the morning bell rings over an ample little harbor town as it is dazzled with fog as the morning sets in. The eerie pale morning glow smiles on a vessel as an early fisherman makes his rounds.

The man whistles as he tends his work, checking line, looking at the sails to see they're in good shape. His work goes uninterrupted for a long time and as he finishes his run he hears a defined splash in the water. Sounds like it was large enough to be cargo.

The man works his way over and looks into the water seeing nothing and shrugs, he turns to continue his leave when in the fog, a disfigured silhouette hobbles across the deck farther down the ship.

"Ello'?" The sailor said, looking at the figure.

Suddenly alert, the figure turns its torso to face the sound, and begins to move more quickly toward the man.

"You alright sir'?" the man said, the only response is a faster pace. The figure nears, flabby green scaly flesh visible, teeth and putrid rotting breath all of which this man sees as the beast rears and makes deep grunt as his claws find their home in the man's stomach. He tries to scream but his throat is torn open and his body thrown to the ground. He uses what strength he has left to pull himself a few inches before he feels the pull of a sharp pain as he suddenly feels lighter. Then he realizes he's looking down at his body.. and it's without a head. He smells the horrid breath of the beast once more and all descends into darkness.

Welcome to Call of Cthulhu, A horror RP set in Lovecraft's wonderful fiction and Mythos.

If you're interested in playing, I would love to have you but I do ask that those who are distasteful of *SOME* gore stay away. I don't want to cause anyone discomfort.

Rules:

1. Obvious RP rules: If you don't know them, go read them.
2. I must re-inforce no Meta Gaming, in Horror Roleplaying- that is a MASSIVE no-no.
3. Be kind, be smart, be literate.

Other than that, most everything goes.

The game works like this:

I'll be controlling the MAIN horror aspect (i.e environment, monsters, etc.)
Any players that are creative enough to ensue horror themselves without being OP are welcome to go for it!

The players will consist of "Investigators" this isn't your job it's just another way of saying player. You all will be investigating, in some form or fashion, the same Mythos incident. We will come to wraps how you meet.

Also, before you make your character, be aware: IT IS VERY LIKELY YOUR CHARACTER WILL DIE. Call of Cthulhu was not intended to be a slash'em and gun'em game. It's made to be survival and horror.

Character Sheet for 1980's Investigator!

Name:
Occupation: (This is very important, pick something that would have the skills you would want in an investigator.)
History: (Add some flavor.)
Scars/Mental Disorders: (You may obtain some of these so this is purely optional)
Appearance: (I prefer descriptions over pictures, so that we can make our own image of what you are.)
Sanity: (This starts at 100, as you witness horrific events- you may lose your mind some.)
Magic: (This starts at 0, as you learn of the Mythos you'll go crazy- but you'll be amazed what you can do.)
Cthulhu-Mythos: (How much do you actually know?)

I'd love to have all that would like to play, I need at least three others before the IC and once it's started you'll have to wait for you character to be integrated.(With the exception of the initial characters.)  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:39 am
Also worth noting: This is how gameplay works.

Kamarihi: A dark sky lets rain onto the ground below as a group of people wander the street for the dock. Reports of incident stir the curiosity of many... Reports of slaughter stir that of thousands.

The delicate beads of water that are ending the recent drought feel heavy with sorrow as police move silently towards the scene, Alfred Mancheck was found dead this morning around 6. His body gored, his head missing.

Investigator 1: (Let's call her character Juliet.)
Juliet sighed and walked a slightly quicker pace than her co-workers, they always seemed so sluggish when speed was actually needed. Being the towns Mortician she would have made this trip anyway, but had it not been for John's suggestion- she never would have left home so early.

A good view of the scene unfolded before her, mourners in the family distraught, police doing nothing (as usual) and a very confused doctor trying to make sense of what had happened to the body.

Even Juliet was surprised by it, she had been working in Innsmouth for years and had never seen more gruesome than a car wreck.  

Kamarihi

U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff