Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
I think I hit a rut.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:15 pm
I feel like I'm not a good Christian at all.
=c

I try to be a good person but I keep holding grudges and saying mean horrible things.
Yes I feel bad when I do it but it is like I just cant control it.
That and I have some pretty bad thoughts too.

I know it makes God more than angry and it makes me really upset because every time I try to straighten up I feel like I'm not making any progress.

And I'm freaking out because the whole "we will all be judged" thing scares me because I don't think that I'm a good person at all.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:37 pm
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

Don't lose heart, sometimes we all hit snags in our walk or we don't see the change in ourselves. Keep in fellowship with people who know that you're trying to change and ask them if they see the changes. When you have a small victory in your growth, give yourself a pat on the back.

I thought I was doing so much better and getting closer with God, but just last night my husband brought up a lot of things that I need I am failing at. I felt horrible because I thought I was being a good Christian and wife but it turns out I fail quite often. It doesn't mean I have to beat myself up or feel like a failure, it just means I have to acknowledge the sin and do my best to correct it.

Yes we will be judged, but it's my belief that if we truly have Christ in our heart, we will still enter the kingdom of heaven. It's not need to worry about any way, God is taking care of us here on earth and what's to come is not important. We just have to have faith that God forgives us for our sin! I pray that you will keep your head up and know that even though we fall down, even if it's often, God still loves us and will help us through it all!

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:40 pm
oh gawd! D:
For a minute I thought it said runt.
I was gonna come in here and let all hell brake loose, literally!
j/k =p

But yeah...my neighbor's cat got run over yesterday. ;_; that got me pretty upset since I love animals.

Anyways, I know what you're talking about.
This Story makes me think a lot of how much blame Jesus takes for our actions on his shoulders.
It makes me feel like I want to do better and not let him down.
Just take examples from daily life.
If you have ever had feelings for someone, (a best friend/family member/boy/girl/someone you really appreciate) and that someone completely ignored them and trampled them, then you share something in common with Jesus.
We do that to him all the time. But he'll gladly take you back into his arms when you come readily to return his feelings.

You never really appreciate how much God gives of himself to you, until it happens to you.
What I love about God is his abounding love.
He'll never turn you down if you come to him with true repentance.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:44 pm
I will keep heart, I just feel all beat up.

But I'ma keep going.
I have made a lot of changes, but I notice when I fail instead of when I succeed.

I noticed that when I miss out on church I fail more, going to church helps me a ton. i love church.
I want to be a better person.

Thanks for praying for me.  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:50 pm
Green_Fuu
oh gawd! D:
j/k =p

But yeah...my neighbor's cat got run over yesterday. ;_; that got me pretty upset since I love animals.

This Story makes me think a lot of how much blame Jesus takes for our actions on his shoulders.
If you have ever had feelings for someone, (a best friend/family member/boy/girl/someone you really appreciate) and that someone completely ignored them and trampled them, then you share something in common with Jesus.
We do that to him all the time. But he'll gladly take you back into his arms when you come readily to return his feelings.

You never really appreciate how much God gives of himself to you, until it happens to you.

I'm sorry about your neighbors cat. =(
I want to know how to repent, I've heard about it but what is it exactly? Is it asking for forgiveness?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:58 pm
Testicular Diabetes
Green_Fuu
oh gawd! D:
j/k =p

I want to know how to repent, I've heard about it but what is it exactly? Is it asking for forgiveness?

It's ok, [Edit] I'm glad my pets are ok.[/edit]
I was mostly trying to bring some lightheartedness into the conversation, but failed XP

We'll that depends?
Have you ever prayed the sinner's prayer and accepted Jesus as your Lord and savior?

or are you reconciling (as in done the above but have strayed)?

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:04 pm
Green_Fuu
Testicular Diabetes
Green_Fuu
oh gawd! D:
j/k =p

We'll that depends?
Have you ever prayed the sinner's prayer and accepted Jesus as your Lord and savior?

Wait you have to say the sinners prayer? I didn't do that.
I thought you just prayed to Jesus and apologize for sinning and then you ask him to come into your life.
O.O"
Did i mess up?  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:10 pm
Testicular Diabetes
Green_Fuu
Testicular Diabetes
Green_Fuu
oh gawd! D:
j/k =p

We'll that depends?

I thought you just prayed to Jesus and apologize for sinning and then you ask him to come into your life.
O.O"
Did i mess up?

U'm not necessarily.
I think it depends from person to person.
If you did it wholeheartedly and with true repentance then it should be fine.
Here's a site that's will tell you a little bit more about it if you're still curious: Sinner's prayer <---very helpful.

But if you already did it, then you can just talk to your pastor if you congregate in a church and ask him to help you pray with you because you want to re-conciliate with the LORD.
If you don't congregate then, you can probably do it yourself, something that comes from your heart. Let it all out and confess your sins then ask Jesus to forgive you.
But if you have a pastor or youth pastor (whoever you feel more comfortable with) you can ask him/her to help you pray or pray for you.

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:15 pm
Trust me, you will want to turn less to those things which you know are wrong, once you start building that relationship with God, rather than build that Judge-defendant role most people slip into.

Think about it.
If you have a specific person you really love, you think about it twice any time you do something that might hurt him/her and even when you do; you feel hurt because you just hurt the person you love.

Rather than when you go to a judge at a courtroom.
You won't feel any remorse for that person who feels as far away from you as the highest mountain on Fuji, even when you lie.

BTW I don't think you're a bad christian.
Everyone messes up once in a while.
The point is picking up where you left off and not looking back.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:17 pm
I know very well that we all mess up but don't feel bad God is the best friend everyone wants and needs he notices the bads and forgives them and loves you just the same as anyone else. God is my best friend and he is yours he loves us just the same and no sin is greater then another sin so God forgives you and he loves you. Sorry I am not a professional but i tried hoped I helped.  

Her-Infernal-Sentinal

5,850 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Avioke

Conservative Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:58 am
I think all that needs to be said has actually been said. I am not needed, but I am still here.

I am in the same place as you, I think. I don't feel exactly the same, of course, but I'm in a rough spot. I am trying, but most of the time I don't think about it. I feel like I've strayed, and I need to build my relationship with the Lord again.

Ooh GOODNESS, it feel so wonderful to be here. Pardon me for interrupting my thought, but I have waited so long for a guild where I can actually say things like this. I just joined, and the excitement hasn't worn off. xD

Anyway, a bad Christian is someone who is at a bad place, but does not realize it. You are nowhere near a bad Christian, dear. You're on the right track to back where you want to be. The first step is recognizing your sin, and for some people, this is the hardest part. And I don't think that God is angry with you, not at all. God is sad that you are where you are, and he wants you to go back to him. It is as Green_Fuu described. God loves you, and his only concern is for you. He is just waiting for you.

One of my favorite stories from the Bible is very well known, but sometimes you need to hear it anyway. It is in Luke 15:11-32:

Once there was a very wealthy man who had two sons. The younger son came to his father and demanded his share of the inheritance. The father gladly split the assets and gave the younger son his share.

A few weeks later, the younger son packed his bags and journeyed to a very distant land. He spent his money lavishly on friends and wild parties. Within a very short time, he had squandered every penny of his inheritance. His new friends abandoned him and he was alone in a foreign land.

At the same time, a great famine spread throughout the land. There was no work and very little food. The younger son became desperate and took a job feeding pigs – the most humiliating job he could possibly get. He was so hungry that he wanted to eat the scraps that he fed them.

After many days, he finally came to his senses.

“How many of my father’s servants have more than enough to eat while I am starving? I will return to my father and ask him to forgive me and make me one of his servants,” said the younger son.

So the young son headed home.

While still a distance from the farm, the father saw his younger son approaching. The father sprinted across the field and threw his arms around his son and kissed him.

“Father I have sinned. I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Please make me one of your servants,” said the younger son.

But the father would have none of that. He told the servants that had followed him to bring a robe to put around him, a ring for his finger and sandals for his feet. He then instructed them to prepare a feast to celebrate his son’s return.

“My son was dead, but now he is alive! He was lost, but now he is found!” announced the father.

The servants prepared a massive celebration with food, music and dancing.

The father's forgiveness for his lost son astounds me. God will celebrate once you return to him, and he will take you with open arms and great joy. I will pray for you. Will you keep us updated on how you're doing?

Recommendation: Daily devotions. If you start your day with God, what can go wrong? I find that I have a better attitude towards everything after reading the bible or listening to a podcast from my church. Just fifteen minutes in the morning can set you straight again. Was it me or did that last sentence sound like an advertisement?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:13 pm
Thanks everyone.
I am feeling better now. =)
I will be making a new thread shortly. ~.^  

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

starry night-163

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:41 pm
I know you already feel better but hey watch these! They're Gr-r-reat as Toney the tiger says blaugh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzMId-VgdAM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knLq1Jzfo6s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeEnEXPBQTM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSD7dvmTtzw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IzkQXVLbHU&feature=sub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y2493n0Lpg  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:05 am
I will be praying for you, but in the meantime the Lord wants me to tell you to pray for 'Self-control.' (Galatians 5:22-23). smile

Remember, He knows what we pray and ask before we do it. You have come along way, but sometimes we get to a point to where we constantly move around the same mountain over and over. When we break strongholds, "The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world." (2 Corinthians 10:4) reminds us, "on the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds," it frees us willingly to continue to walk with the Lord. It gives us better confidence so we can feel like a better Christian and that we are doing more for Him. Once we confess our sins and testimonies, doesn't a strong burden lift off of your heart? When we continue to withhold things it pulls us down like a heavy, milestone that could be moved in a better place to walk with Christ. I'm sure God has plans for you, but first He wants you to take little steps at a time instead of gaps. Gaps can lead to ruts sweetheart. When you find yourself at a level you feel is comfortable to walk according to who you are in Christ, more mountains will continue to move, and more blessings will come your way. Wait on your Lord, as well because He takes care of everything. Do not depend on your flesh, because spiritually flesh cannot be recycled in the Kingdom of Heaven my friend. God Bless you!

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:41 am
Green_Fuu
Testicular Diabetes
Green_Fuu
Testicular Diabetes
Green_Fuu
oh gawd! D:
j/k =p

We'll that depends?

O.O"
Did i mess up?

U'm not necessarily.
I think it depends from person to person.
If you did it wholeheartedly and with true repentance then it should be fine.
Here's a site that's will tell you a little bit more about it if you're still curious: Sinner's prayer <---very helpful.

But if you already did it, then you can just talk to your pastor if you congregate in a church and ask him to help you pray with you because you want to re-conciliate with the LORD.
If you don't congregate then, you can probably do it yourself, something that comes from your heart. Let it all out and confess your sins then ask Jesus to forgive you.
But if you have a pastor or youth pastor (whoever you feel more comfortable with) you can ask him/her to help you pray or pray for you.

Re-dedication is ok. It settles your spirit within. smile  
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff