Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Ghosts-What Do You Think? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:06 am
User Image

I don't believe in ghosts due to the fact of the Bible saying that we either go to Heaven or Hell.
There is no, "Oh I'ma make you a ghost and you can haunt people kay bro?"
It is either up or down.
If ghosts exist God would say so.

I think that these "ghosts" are just demons trying to trick people.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:08 am
User Image

XD I already replied to this thread once.
Whoops.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Blaise-Ingram

Dangerous Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:54 pm
I think ghosts do exist, and that God has the sole right to choose what information about the universe that He wishes to disclose to us. In other words, if there are things He doesn't deem to be important for us to know, such as the existence of ghosts or aliens or whatever, then He doesn't have to tell us about it.

The biggest important thing that He wants everyone to know about is salvation from sin through Jesus Christ. That's why He gave us the Bible. If the Bible doesn't include information about things such as ghosts or aliens, that doesn't automatically mean that such things don't exist.

I personally believe in the existence of demons, angels, spirits, and ghosts.
I know that demons are fallen angels, angels are servants of God, spirits are the life-force that make us... well... living. When God created man, he breathed his breath into us. So I suppose that might mean human souls are God's breath (but I'm not sure how that would translate from poetic terms into applicable real world terms).

Ghosts, on the other hand, I'm not sure what they are. I assume that it's a spirit without a body attached to it, specifically after death. If spirits are born into this world via conception and birth, then it may be possible that in death, after the spirit no longer has a viable host to reside in, the spirit detaches from the body.

This makes me wonder what it is exactly that keeps the spirit attached to the human body, though. Humans have been shown to have electrical fields, and we are physically powered by electricity, as the heart muscle shows. But dead bodies do not have electrical fields. So because energy can not be created nor destroyed (except by God, creator of all things, obviously), only transferred or transformed, perhaps the spirit no longer has anything to connect to, and separates from the body, WITH the electrical energy. Thus, a ghost may be created, and the electrical energy may be posing as a temporary "body" or form for the spirit until it dissipates and the spirit is completely free of any kind of "body".

Regardless of judgement day, this would explain why a ghost wouldn't go directly into Heaven or Hell right away, and would be lingering on Earth. It's because it still has a "body" to cling to made of electricity left over from the flesh body's life. But when that electricity finally dissipates, the spirit is fully released from Earth.

In addition, we as humans hardly know anything about the universe, so it's just as possible that there is another type of energy that we just haven't discovered yet, or perhaps may never discover.

That's just my opinion or thoughts on the matter. I try my best not to conflict Scripture. C:  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:33 pm
In addition, I've seemed to notice that a lot of ghost stories seem to involve a sudden or quick death.
Pets that have been hit by cars, people that have been murdered, people that have died in car (or aviation) accidents, as examples.

In concurrence with my above theory on spirits and electricity, perhaps if a person dies slowly, then the electrical fields and spirit are released from the body slowly, and not forcefully and suddenly, and so a ghost is not created.

But maybe if someone dies so quickly that the spirit is practically ripped from their body, such as in an some kind of destructive event that completely destroys the body suddenly, then the spirit and body's electrical field might create a "ghost". However, I think the conditions would have to be just right to make a ghost, otherwise there would just be ghosts everywhere left and right, and we would hear about them more often.

And to those that say ghosts are demons or tricksters trying to turn us away from God... To me, ghosts only help strengthen my faith in God by making me wonder what other interesting things He has created without us actually knowing anything about it. While surely there are some ghosts who do malicious things, it's unfair to say that they're all malicious or demonic.

I knew a Christian man of beautiful and true faith in God and Christ. He was my dad's best friend, and a helicopter pilot. He was a gentleman, and followed the teachings of Christ. He loved God, and he always put others before himself, even up to the very last second of his life.
But about three and a half years ago, he was flying over a town in Texas with his co-pilot when the helicopter he was flying had a rotor malfunction. The helicopter lost altitude and crashed into a girl's backyard, onto a pickup truck.
At the very last minute before impact with the ground, he turned the helicopter onto its side, his side, so that he could save his co-pilot. The impact killed him, and his co-pilot sustained head injuries that put him into a coma. But had he not rolled the helicopter, they both would have been killed. (The co-pilot completely recovered a couple months later, with no signs of trauma after being shown to be almost completely brain-dead, but that's not the point of why I'm sharing this.)

Anyways... the night of the impact, the girl and her father who lived right next to where the crash happened saw a man walking around in their apartment, wearing a dark blue flight suit with dark hair and blue eyes. They had never seen this man before. In addition, the branch that the pilot flew in hasn't used blue flight suits since the 1990's. My dad got word of this event, and he was surprised, and he told me that his (now deceased) friend's favorite flight suit was the blue one, and he used to wear it all the time until they changed the regulations. We were all pretty surprised at this, really.

A while later (I don't remember how much later, though), my dad and mom said that they saw him in their bedroom one night, and I guess he told my dad everything that happened right before the crash, and told him that he's okay now. Ever since then, I've noticed that my dad has had considerably more faith in God, and my mom too.

So that's why I don't believe ghosts are demons, or simply evil-doers. Robert, my dad's friend, helped turn my parents further towards God, not further away from Him.

And that's where I'm coming from on the issue of ghosts.  

Blaise-Ingram

Dangerous Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

X-Beautiful Insanity-X

Beloved Rogue

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:55 pm
Hello! Well lets see,most people believe ghosts are real....I for one am torn in this subject,the bible does not speak of ghosts and my mother would say "If ghosts remain here,people would be running down the streets screaming bloody murder" due to this subject of 'haunting' (sorry for the language). Well I watch those shows at times and its hard for me to tell real from fake,they make it seem really realistic! But my friends say they have seen ghosts....well not alot of them...only 1....she once told me this story:

One day while i was sitting in my grandparent's backyard
My grandfather came to me and asked why i as crying
I was there for a funeral and my grandfather had died.
It was strange for me to see him,at the point i was just glad to see him.
I do believe that on that day i saw a ghost.

Honestly this story makes me wonder,she never lies to me about things that might bother me and trust me,this did! I do believe that she might have seen a ghost but my religion argues with me. My teacher always says that "God is with children always".So maybe God just did that favor for me friend,she was only 8.I do hope this may help with this subject a bit :3  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:09 am
But yeah, even though the Bible doesn't speak of a lot of things, that doesn't automatically mean such things don't exist. It's only as inclusive as it needs to be.  

Blaise-Ingram

Dangerous Firestarter

8,200 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Informer 100
  • Hygienic 200

xinixane

4,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:19 pm
Though some might be convincing, I doubt that there are Ghosts roaming in this world looking for their revenge or something.

When we die, it's either we go to Hell or Heaven. When we die, God will put us where we belong. When we die, we leave this earth.

Also, I don't think the bible mentioned Ghosts or something. Maybe, God mentioned the demons or spirits but never Ghosts. Spirits and Ghosts are different for me, that is. Spirits are the presence of evil, Ghosts are the remnants of dead people.

Although my mom and I had some 'moments' where you can tell that it's a ghost, I highly doubt that.

So yeah... I think the others probably answered the same way I do but still, I can't help but reply since I'm back from a very loooooong deactivation or something like that. Hehe. ^^

Always base your answers on the Bible. If it is not in the bible, then you can widen your mind and understand some facts.

God Bless!  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:32 am
Ive learned that they are Demons trying to trick people and that they will even give you real information to trick you into getting further interested and give them more notice. Because if you notice on those haunting shows it gets worse and more diabolical as they get more involved. Also I believe in heavenly being coming down so when something comes to you in time of danger then its a messenger or maybe even a guardian?
But for example there was this boy whos family thought he had an imaginary friend. According to the boy the imaginary friend was another child. As time went on the boys attitude changed and strange things started to happen. Then the so called imaginary friend became malevolent and manifested into its true evil form. They had to purify the house to make it stop.

Got it from this episode of a haunting. (I dont always buy this show but this is a perfect example)  

Hathor The Mad

Friendly Hunter

18,775 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Converting 100 items 100
  • Party Member 100

Daughter of Xion

Dedicated Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:57 am
I don't think Ghosts exist. At least people's perception of them. If ghosts exist, it isn't spirits. Our spirits either go to heaven or hell and stay there.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:56 am
I know that not all spirits/ghosts are demons though. There've been times people have spoken about seeing a ghost of a family member that basically put them at ease from whatever. A demon isn't gonna help people, they're gonna cause as much damage as possible.  

Alex Trevell

Mythical Tactician

23,340 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500

manticore has left

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:59 pm
Guess the real question here is what constitutes a ghost. As in, what exactly makes a ghost... well, a ghost?

Because the definition isn't exactly very clear. Sometimes translations of the Bible, like the King James Version, refer to God Himself as the Holy Ghost, so to say that you don't believe in ghosts can also mean you don't believe in God.

And yes, I have heard of instances of people seeing a figure that has helped them out or appeared at a completely random time and just disappeared without a trace afterwards. But are they angels? Visions? Or actual entities that the Bible doesn't discuss?

In order to deduce whether or not ghosts actually do exist, we need some way of knowing what separates them from angels and demons.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:46 am
By spirits of the deceased dwelling on earth, no. Bible says its either Heaven or Hell. Instead, there are angels and demons. To me, all this paranormal stuff is just one of the many deceptions demons portray, impersonating a deceased person, all to drive ppl away from God and His Truth. They like deceiving.  

silvershadowedwings

Timid Explorer

kesuke uchiha

Blessed Genius

10,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:33 am
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

I don't believe in ghosts due to the fact of the Bible saying that we either go to Heaven or Hell.
There is no, "Oh I'ma make you a ghost and you can haunt people kay bro?"
It is either up or down.
If ghosts exist God would say so.

I think that these "ghosts" are just demons trying to trick people.

User Image

I agree with this statement
and I have had experience in it....
a friend kept telling me she would see the ghost of her brother telling her things to do things for him or just that he missed her.....I went with the graveyard and as she spoke all I could feel is horrible wretched darkness....like the feeling you get when you see someone die....or you hear of the death of a loved one....
then came the whispers.....I could hear them just out of my ability to understand....then I spoke demanding that in jesus name the area would be cleansed of evil spirits and demons. instantly the whispers where gone....and my friend was very upset...she could no longer call on her "brother"
I still feel sick trying to remember all of it....that feeling....demons are not a fun thing to be around
demons will do ANYTHING to keep us from the one true God....
that includes taking form of a loved one just to scew your vision....that is my two cents on the subject....  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff