Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Magazine?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Happy Colours

5,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:50 pm
My dream is to make and publish a magazine. Of course, I'm a little young to be dreaming that, but it's what I want. So I thought long and hard, and I came up with the simple idea of posting one on Gaia every week. How does that sound? Do you guys think it's an okay idea?

The mag would cover what's going on in Gaia and in the real world, and what's hot in both as well. So it'd be like a news/fashion mag ish. That sounded horrible, I know, but I imagine it better xD

So feedback on this idea??  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:32 am
Hmm..

I like the idea, and you are never too young to dream big.. In fact, I encourage it. Maybe you could start off by doing one for the guild, then expanding to the rest of Gaia. You could cover contests that people are holding, who is doing what, have interviews with guild members and crew, and even have a little poll to decide what to do for next issue. Also, instead of doing it weekly, you could do it monthly, that way you have a bunch of things to talk about (this way if there is a slow week, you won't have to worry about putting a crappy issue. razz )

For content, You could cover real world issues, as well as what is going on with the latest in Anime and Video Games, like Kratos being revealed as a PlayStation3 exclusive character in Mortal Kombat, or what happens in the newest episode of Naruto: Shipuuden. Of course, with all Anime you would have to warn your readers that there might be spoilers, so that it doesn't ruin the experience.

If you need any help with content (especially Anime and Video Games), please feel free to let me know.  

A Nice Salami

Aged Member

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200

xMockingJay

5,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:23 am
That sounds awesome, I'd definatly read it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:08 am
You're going to have a tough time making one weekly.
I was change your goal to bi-weekly or monthly.

Oh & just to point out x.x;
There's already a Gaia Magazine...  

Lady Kira X

Caring Cleric

10,300 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

SoulRIZer

Chatty Regular

9,900 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:07 am
Dream big and I'll join in for sure...well I do need to update myself on Gaia...so I'll be looking forward to it~  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:36 am
AssNinja4759 - That's a great idea. Thanks for the help!! And I could probably use some with video games because I don't have the time or money to play the latest stuff anymore @.@

Sparkycc- Great smile

Lady Kira X - Yep, it's all covered now. It'll be monthly. And I know there is :3

SoulRIZer - Awesome!! You'd be a great help!  

Happy Colours

5,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Brandisher 100
☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items