Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
I just want it to end @_@

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:47 pm
All of this Christmas greedyness.

When I go to the store all I here is "I wonder what my gifts are" or "what are you buying me?"
It is always me me me me.
@_@

Quite frankly I'm sick of it. burning_eyes
Christmas has lost it's meaning it seems. No one talks about Jesus anymore it's either food or gifts.

We are suppose to be giving always not just one day out of the year.
And we are suppose to honor Christ and put him before EVERYTHING including your food, and your gifts.
If it wasn't for Christ you wouldn't have the stuff you have he is the creator be thankful that you are able to even take a breath. >=(

Ok sorry I had to rant.

It just really ticks me off.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:51 pm
I know what you mean. What makes it worse is that when your a kid, all you can think about on christmas is: What presents did you get me?!

Christmas is a time for giving, not recieving. Whether you are Christian or not and you celebrate it, isn't that what you were taught?

At least all our christmas music CD's have at least one Jesus-related song <3

Vegeta_Lover239

9,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:57 pm
I guess so.
*sigh*

Every Christmas party i go to, they never bring up Jesus.
It's always food and gifts.

I do like the christian Christmas songs though. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:56 pm
Christmas has not lost its meaning for my husband and I. We are doing every thing possible to make Christ first in our celebrations. Sure we still pass out gifts and have good food, but we remember that Christmas is about the birth of our Saviour. We are instilling that principle in our kids too.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

starry night-163

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:23 am
I wish people would talk about Jesus and I admire what you said about putting the Lord Jesus first in EVERTHING and not just once every year I have trouble putting our savior first alot but I want to...it's just hard. So I admire that the Lord has done that great work in your life.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:42 am
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

I completely agree with the greedy Christmas thing... it's horrible!

I'm doing what I can to make sure my daughter knows that Jesus is the reason this Christmas. I'm not great at breaking it down for her but I try and I read her books that talk about Christ's birth and such. When I bought on of the books in Barnes and Noble this evening they ladies who were doing gift wrapping saw the book and were talking to my daughter about God and such and they were just delighted by it. It made me feel good that people were actually willing to open up and talk it instead of shun.

... Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

--Melaho_Oira--

Sparkly Student

31,950 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:42 pm
I agree that it is a shame that Jesus Christ has been taken out of Christ-mas.

*grumbles*

Just the other night when my husband and I were leaving a restaurant, our waiter said "Have a good night and Happy Holidays". I decided to repay the kind words with "You also and Merry Christ-mas to you too".
biggrin
He stopped right in his tracks and turned around to smile at my husband and me. He said that he used to say Merry Christ-mas to everyone but he got yelled at and told to say Happy Holidays because it was politically correct. How did it become that saying Happy Holidays was politically correct when Christmas truly is about Jesus CHRIST'S birth? It is just so sad to see that it has become "wrong" to wish someone a Merry Christmas anymore.

I also agree that as Christians, we are to keep our Savior in our forefront of our thoughts each and every day. I still struggle with that but I do pray each day that the Lord will make my will be what His will is for my life. I guess that prayer is the first step to becoming more Christ-like as our Lord commanded us to do.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:07 pm
I actually have more fun looking for presents to give to people rather than going shopping for myself.

This year though I want to give presents for new years rather than for Christmas.
I just think it'd be a nice touch so that we can all start the new year with new things.

Christmas should be a celebration all year round, in your heart.
Not a specific date I think.
And when I say Christmas not the Holiday in itself but what it stands for.

But in terms of sharing with everyone a specific date to get together I think, "Christmas" (the date) is a good excuse to get together with family and eat delicious food together. ^_^
At least that has been my favorite part in my experience.

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100

Her-Infernal-Sentinal

5,850 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:26 pm
I can sense your anger and God doesn't want us to be angry and I know god also doesn't want us to forget about him so I also want it to end but it doesn't make me mad it makes me sad. Sorry about that it rhimes sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:12 am
i like giving others gifts biggrin  

cadb8

serene__

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 10:01 pm
Yeah... I think Christmas is getting too materialistic. It's sad when I see all of those trees chopped down every year. Plus, the mall is always filled with a bunch of advertising.
When I was growing up, I never got any Christmas presents. Instead, we mainly focused on the dinner. XD
If I get to be a parent in the future, I'm going to set a good example and make them associate Christmas with Jesus Christ and Christmas carols.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:15 am
Be glad that God sent His only Son to suffer for our sins on the cross. Thank God everyday for everything He has done for you. Be glad when someone persecutes you. If they strike the right cheek let them strike the left also.  

Le Pale to the Chief

7,300 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Christian friends

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items