Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply The Dungeons & Dragons Guild
Brave New World (4e) Slots Filled! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SporkMaster5000
Crew

Invisible Citizen

10,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:07 pm
Rain Yupa
I might agree with you about your analysis of myself, but I have a feeling some of my gaming group might disagree with you with some of my past characters in various games >_o

As a player, I tend to have an 'idiot savant' tendency with my playstyle. Sometimes I'm really savant, sometimes I'm really idiot. Regardless of the outcome, my friends are usually mortified at the time.

sweatdrop
I think i have similar habit, at least in my real life group. in our deadlands campaign I kinda tipped off the evil voodoo rail company that we knew about their evil plan in an attempt to get a meeting with them. After they sent some kind of giant zombie to kill me in my sleep, we go to ambush them at a secret meeting we found out about. As soon as the voodoo priest steps off the train, I shoot him with no warning from anyone else.

We later find out that the secret meeting involved a carriage full of vampires, and my early shot made it so we fought zombies and the vodoo guy, then vampires, rather than zombies and vampires at the same time.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 9:06 am
Sounds more of what n00bs would when starting in DnD.
Pray to god if that tendency happens during a campaign my char doesn't kill ya.
Nah, just being a douche because I feel like it.
Off-topic, I'm just wondering if during combat if house rules during an encounter allow you to roll an intimidate check to hopefully fail & have a couple enemies come to you. I'm just saying that because that's the only reason why I slapped Dire Radiance on my warlord & now I'm starting to regret it & should've had eldritch blast or some bard at-will skill.
Meh, it's just minor, but I'm just wondering.  

Drag0nK1d

Arc Vembris
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:38 pm
Dire Radiance is better used to keep baddies away, you don't want a warlock to get locked down. Your best bet is to keep an ally between you and your target, and to focus on melee type enemies.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:32 pm
You can still change it.

Also, that would be a Bluff check, not an Intimidate check, if you are trying to fool them.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Drag0nK1d

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:48 pm
Thanks man. I'm going to change it to either War Song Strike, Eldritch Blast, or Guiding Strike, all of them are awesome for charisma, but in case I may need to use the intimidate and ranged damage idea to shake jerkoffs off the strikers, I am leaning towards Eldritch blast, also because I can use it as a ranged basic.
All three abilities are very good however, but my tactic might not work if I have another melee attack I can only use once with a charisma bonus.
Edit: I'm ridding Commander's Strike too because of my poor intelligence modifier too for Viper's Strike.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:23 pm
Chapter 3 of Brave New World is up!

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=20778017  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers