Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Conversation had xp

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vertigo Kaiju

Aged Shade

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:21 pm
Okay, I am almost at the conclusion that I create terrible rps. I made one a little while back and only got three profiles so it never got going. Now I just made another and the only profile I've gotten was from the other person who helped me make it.

I'd really appreciate some people looking it over and telling me what I did wrong because I'm tired of wasting a few hours of effort on something that will never get going.

Here's the link

I just want to get some feedback as to what I'm doing wrong. I don't think this counts as advertisement because it's basically doomed already so I just want to know why it was screwed from the beginning.

If you don't know anything about Code Geass it might be a little hard to help so I apologize for that much. I know it's not much, but if you give me feedback that really helps me, I will give between 100 and 300 gold.

Thank you for your time.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:36 pm
I cannot believe that I'm bumping this....  

Vertigo Kaiju

Aged Shade

Vertigo Kaiju

Aged Shade

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:12 pm
Mkay...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:37 pm
*dashes in, reading about the very low payment of 100-300 coins*
Well, you see... basically everyone has that trouble... I've made a couple rps, none of them getting enough rpers and/or lasting past page 5!... it's pretty much a matter of luck to get a solid rp going, no matter how much you try... in this case it appears you did a little bit too much... if you got a lot of information on a rp, people will feel that it's too 'complex' for them... like your story stretches past the large picture, which makes it looks like it's a very complex story... try to have a little less of a background so that it's a lot more free to the rper's desires... and that you basically planned for people to apply in little 'character ranks', that sort of makes some people cringe... for a lot of people don't like rps that have the sort of parts to fill... especially the large amount that needs to be filled. If you wish to make a rp where there are certain people to fill in these characters, I'd advise making it a lot shorter...

Overall... shorter and simpler attracts.  

Shadowing Death

Distinct Conversationalist

Vertigo Kaiju

Aged Shade

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:56 pm
You get three hundred gold for that. Sounds sadly like about what I was afraid of. Why is complex such a bad thing? I've seen terribly illiterate rps go on for a very long time at the cost of letting one liners and OOC run rampant (a thought that makes me shiver) while stories that actually have a beginning middle and end in mind never go anywhere. So is it like the rest of society where illiteracy and lack of thought sells?

I just don't like leaving too much up in the air because it can go very badly. It's not like I want people to do exactly what I tell them, but there are certain points that should probably be addressed...

Well, that is quite depressing in my opinion. I suppose I'll just stick to joining rps rather than creating them then...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:02 pm
Personally, the story didn't interest me, but neither did the original series. I've been in the same predicament, ironic enough though, my friend Brandon, has completed 3 rps up to date. He has a story line, and we have freedom as characters, he also develops things as he goes. I guess he's just lucky...but if you make another rp and I'm interested I'll sign up  

Solaris Beauty

Fashionable Prophet

7,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150

yutary Pie

Dangerous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:18 pm
SgtSpecial
You get three hundred gold for that. Sounds sadly like about what I was afraid of. Why is complex such a bad thing? I've seen terribly illiterate rps go on for a very long time at the cost of letting one liners and OOC run rampant (a thought that makes me shiver) while stories that actually have a beginning middle and end in mind never go anywhere. So is it like the rest of society where illiteracy and lack of thought sells?

I just don't like leaving too much up in the air because it can go very badly. It's not like I want people to do exactly what I tell them, but there are certain points that should probably be addressed...

Well, that is quite depressing in my opinion. I suppose I'll just stick to joining rps rather than creating them then...

its not that complex rps are bad, its just if you get a GOOD rper, you also have to understand that they are most likely in other rps, and complex rps make it longer to post and then they might get behind on other rps, its happened to me a bunch. and so on and so forth until they just dont post anymore, if your going to make a complex rp, its best to ether do it with friends or only have a small number of rpers ^^ if you really want to make rps, i would be happy to help ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:31 pm
SgtSpecial

Well, the way I see it... as my father always said... the way I look at it... (sorry, wanted to use all three of them) It's not at all that these complex rps are bad... more of that it makes those that feel they aren't literate not good enough to join... and those that feel very positive in literacy skip it, for it dose not have many people in it... you don't necessary have to have a rp where it's story is like "Des pepples are bad, des are good!"... more of balanced between literate and illiterate... that way normal people will join it if it interests them.

Well, strict rps are never very fun for the rpers...

That's what I do.  

Shadowing Death

Distinct Conversationalist

MAGIEmage

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:55 pm
I didn't think your rp idea was bad. Actually it was quite interesting. I don't truly know. I've never really had that huge of a problem. Though, I always leave mine a little vague. Adding things to make the Rp interesting as it's going. You can't be to strict or people are just turned off by it. I don't really know why people are.

And don't give up. Just because people don't join doesn't mean it's bad. An other thing is that a lot of people join more then just one Rp at a time. I'm in about four different Rps right now. Complex Rps take a lot of time to reply to. So, sometime people don't join for that reason. On the other hand, you don't really want to start an Rp with people who can barely write. It's a constant problem. My advice to you would be just to keep trying. Try making them a little less complex I suppose? I don't know. Just pointing out that you're not bad.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:37 pm
Well, thank you all for adding your views to this. I'll try to get some gold to all of you (but I'll have to stop after that xp). I get what all of you are saying and the common theme seems to be "Too complex and bad timing." I've had very bad rping experience were illiterate noobs have quite literally ruined the entire rp so I suppose I could be over compensating for that fear. Although I didn't mean to control characters, it's just that I want a very solid base and back story to start the rp with so people don't have to ask too many questions or make up their own weird back story. Anyway, thank you all again.

(so yeah, no longer offering gold)  

Vertigo Kaiju

Aged Shade

Solaris Beauty

Fashionable Prophet

7,150 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:39 pm
I dont need gold lol. But you have to view the roleplayers as a team...once you have a great team...your rps will be great as well. But I have yet had a successful roleplay but I am a good roleplayer.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:42 pm
Yeah. I went to an alternative high school type of thing for a few months at the beginning of the year causing a gaia hiatus and half of my "team" went inactive in that time xp

But that's good advice. What kind of rps are you into in case I end up making one you might be interested in? xD  

Vertigo Kaiju

Aged Shade

U/C

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces