Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Can there be a Christian police?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

serene__

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:22 am
A while back I've been fascinated by that job, and I've just found it so cool. But then I thought that it was a requirement for police to shoot in certain situations.

So what do you think?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:12 am
Yes, there can be Christian police.

"Killing" is not the same as "murder"

If you shoot a person in self defense, or if it's a time of war, then it is not a sin. If you have hatred in your heart, or abuse your power then it is a sin.  

Rieff

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:17 am
Yes there can be police that are Christian. I know quite a few of them actually. One of them goes to my Church, my dad used to be a cop, but wanted a career change, and then I know a few Sheriffs that are Christians.

Killing =/= murder. And there are times where God permits killing; self-defense, war time, etc.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:10 pm
in the Vatican they have an elite team called the Gruppo Cardinale who invetigates the murders of holy people (popes, cardinals, ect)  

-8Deleting Soon8-

Dangerous Lunatic

5,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Loiterer 100

daddinar

Shy Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:40 pm
Depends on what you mean by "Christian Police" Those who are officers of the civil law or the moral law. As for moral, that went down badly when the Catholic Church tried mixing with the government of Spain. Spanish Inquisition, anyone? As for civil police, I know one man in my parish who is the chief of police. Not all killing is evil according to Catholic Social Justice teachings. It is the intention behind it. If it is to serve and protect and there is no other option, then, yes.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games